ROMFT !! Where all the bitches go

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by Deeps, Sep 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just had a look at ROMFT for the first time in a while.Urm a right buch of bitches they have over there. They spend a lot of time slagging the good ship RumRation off dont they.Crack on boys and girls!I am sure seadog is really upest by the cyber hardmen calling him seacnut or whatever they do. As for that snivelling cnut AAC.He has changed his tune the attention seeking prat. Guys if this place is so bad why dont you just feck off and dont come back.

2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

deeps you move me with your eloquence, ( ok, I cant spell,) what the fcuk are you on about?

3. Deeps, whats the probs, different strokes and all that, some MODs on here like to throw their weight around a bit and perhaps some have got threaders with it.
    Still I'm sure that wouldn't apply to you would it?
    Have fun in the Sand
    NZB

4. dont sit on the fence mate!!!!!!!!!!

5. is that a submariners term? I do hope you don't get into trouble Deeps for saying uncharitable things that would put people off joining the RN - still I suppose you could always pull your own thread - steady as you go :whew:

6. WTF are you going on about deeps.

Seadog has been called Seacnut and worse on RR, I am sure he is thick enough skinned to take it. And a thread was started on ROMFT to raise a bite by someone using the name and a modified avatar of seadog (I'm a bad boy - ) to see if a bite could be raised, and it did, (see below)
    But it was posted tongue in cheek, and admitted to the same day (with the name and avatar being changed the same day as well). (I seem to remember someone called paveway trying liven things up and to get a bite with a thread about the Navy etc on RR). And apart from a few comments about moderation on RR I think that is the only time he is mentioned

ROMFT is not RR, it bears very little resemblance to RR in content, every one who I know from RR on ROMFT still visits RR, and I hope still gets some enjoyment out of RR. Most of the ROMFT threads would be in Lil's or the Gash barge if they were on here.

However back to the reason I am posting and to parra phrase, if you do't like it f off, if you log in to ROMFT, click on your profile there is a bit that allows you to delete your account.

7. Oh Dear, is THIS what RR has come to? When I am on RR I am on RR, when I am on another site I am on another site, and I am on quite a few, but i have never slagged off another place, and please don`t get me started about the Mods on here. To post the utter garbage that Deeps has done just goes to show, in my opinion, that RR is losing It`s appeal, it is no longer what it used to be because of all the petty squabbles that go on. Yes Deeps you have told me many time to Fuck Off, but unlike you, I consider myself above that sort of thing, we have all got free will, OH BOLLOCKS, if you don`t like it FUCK OFF.

It is noted that you have such confidence that you hide this inane drivel in The Gash Barge. :w00t:

8. Oh dear we did get out of bed on the wrong side today didn't we, or is this Seadogs alter ego.

The two sites have a different character to them and generate a different atmosphere, that of course does not mean one is better, or are you suggesting that RR has something to fear.

9. group hug please - and no that does not mean I have changed my mind about the threesome Deeps :whew:

10. Deeps, why so upset? Both sites are completely different - fulfilling different needs. I enjoy my membership of both sites. I have not seen much bitching about RR on ROMFT but have seen plenty on RR in reverse. Now this could be due to the membership numbers involved, and I am all for people expressing their opinion, but as people have complained about rants on this site putting off prospective RN/RM recruits I am surprised that you didn't take advantage of ROMFT and use it as it is intended - a Messdeck type of site where Rants are allowed, among other things.

Can I suggest that you stop taking yourself so seriously (in the most polite and unpatronising manner I can manage on a QWERTYboard).

FBWG
    XXXX

11. Two Sites to play with. Two (very) different points of view about stuff.
    RR's Gash Barge seems to me to be dead in the water. I post on both
    sites (sensible and sane stuff). I enjoy BOTH RR and ROMFT.

........and Jeremy Kyle isn't a Moderator on either.

:threaten:

12. Is that just a threesome including Deeps or threesomes in general.

13. Oh dear,oh dear,oh dear.Id love to read all these posts on ROMFT bitching about RR!Cant seem to find them!Deeps take your Meds,your problems coming back again!

14. Deeps chill out.

Don't fear change, embrace it.

Freedom of choice an all that.

15. May i ask who and why this thread has been moved to the Gash Barge?

16. You can ask but I would not hold your breath for an asnwer. =)

17. Id like to know what the reason was WHY the post was made?Shitstirring or just being an arsehole?Thats the second time Deeps has badmouthed another site with no valid reason!

18. Hay Deeps lighten up, I am Not a BITCH, I have not slagged anyone off, and AAC is pretty harmless and has not done anything that could cause anyone any harm.

To be able to pass comment of any worth, then it is encumbent, upon that person to take in more than one observation.

RR has it's far share of Pr!cks, as do the other sites I visit " Production Engineers, The panned maintenance forum, The G Spot site, and many more.

The point is that Like news papers, people read or subscribe to many.

Enjoy your deployment, and how to see you when you return.

Regards
    PINCH :thumright: :thumright:

19. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

You may indeed - I moved it back to the Gash Barge as it more than meets the 'dull and irrelevant crap' criteria.

Initial thoughts were to bin completely as the idea of 2 seperate sites, both connected firmly to the RN and both quite happily filling different niches, getting into some sort of schoolyard name calling squabble would not do anyone any favours.

However as the author stuck his head above the parapet, removing the right to reply would be wrong.

20. Superb bit of Moderating SF, Common Sense prevails.
    :wav: