Roll up - got any good cover-versions of songs??

Discussion in 'Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy' started by Jenny_Dabber, Feb 27, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Due to the amount of spasticated, cover versions of decent - semi decent and original songs, that keep hinting our ears. I thought, we could start a thread, where we'd mention the decent cover versions (be it links, videos and such).

Here is one that I thought was OK. It's a cover version of Maroon 5's This Love, by Natasha Beddingfield;

This Love

2. I found that quite funny, as the song is about drugs. Mind you, I bet old Burley Chasse was a bit of a girl in her day.

3. Kate Rusby's cover of The Kinks', "Village Green Preservation Society", makes you glad to be English!

Kate Rusby

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

5. B52's - Downtown, classic!

B52's

6. newton faulkners take on massive attacks amazing song 'teardrop' check it out...hauntingly beautiful!

7. Ben Fold's Five - Tiny Dancer. Class.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g06RXYsksRg

Much better version (which is Taupin writing about his then wife) than the Elton Johns. She seemed to go off the boil when she quit the drugs did Elton. There is a lesson there somewhere.

8. Arctic Monkeys covering The Strokes - Take it or Leave it

9. Jose Gonsalez's cover of "Heartbeats", originally by The Knife. The original is a weird techno thing but he's chilled it out and it sounds gorgeous.