Road Rage Italian Style

Discussion in 'Diamond Lil's' started by trelawney126, Jan 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thats taking it to the extreme a bit I think. Wonder if he did the tailgating, followed by flashing the full beams first or just went for it!

An British version would be the Aston versus a Vauxhall Nova by the looks of that Fiat though.
  2. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Italian drivers are such fun, they dont just give you the finger they go for the whole flap both arms around routine. They are quite easy to bait as well.....

I was in a transit van once on the outskirts of Marrenello (the ferrari place if my spellings wrong) and some dopey kid was right up the back of the transit on his scooter waving his arms about and generally being a twat, I gave him the finger just for a bit of encouragement, He then came really close to the back of the van gesturing.

I slammed on the anchors....bang....he hit the back of us....slap....he hit the road...giggle...we drove on. :p
  3. These two paragraphs say it all.
    Officers eventually managed to arrest the Ferrari driver and his passenger and today they are in custody in Rome's Regina Coeli prison for assault, criminal damage and resisting arrest.
    Both of the arrested men are known to police and a subsequent search of the Ferrari also uncovered £23,600 in cash which officers are trying to establish the origin of.

They made an offer the Fiat driver couldn't refuse methinks. :wink:
  4. A daily occurrence here, that it involved a Ferrari makes it newsworthy. I drive in Italy most days of the week and after 4 years am pretty easygoing about the whole experience, I await the day someone goes in the back of my Defender.

That the road death rate here is twice the UKs says it all, last summer in my province which is the size of North Hampshire 8 dead in six days takes some beating.

Little old men in Fiats are just the worst. I brought a car of an old man with a dodgy heart, cataracts and deaf, to top it all he was a POW in Glasgow.
  5. I don't see a problem :roll:
    A little bit of that would teach some folks in the UK (where the left lane is hardly used) a bit of lane discipline :twisted:
  6. Shhhhh that's how I beat most of the traffic on the M1. Although unfairly I will get 3 points if caught undertaking, even if I had no choice assuming the police can be bothered to monitor that road law.
  7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I thought there was no such thing as a fast lane.......... 8)
  8. There isn't you should keep to the left unless overtaking but as most people keep to the middle or right at all times, I travel in the correct lane and go faster by default, because I am not stuck behind the nobber with an X5 or some other useless overpriced 4x4 doing 65MPH.