Road pricing petition

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by BusterQuin, Jan 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this has been previously posted

The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.

The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.

A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.

On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.

If you care about our freedom and stopping the constant bashing of the motorist, please sign the petition on No 10's new website

Please pass this on to anyone who owns a car/motorcycle. It affects them.
  2. Cheers for posting the link Buster.

Saw it in the paper this morning, but I'll wait until I get home before signing it as it's probably not a work-related activity. :wink:
  3. I'm in ;)
  4. Done!
  5. Done and dusted.
  6. Mine has been added.

Keep Striving.
  7. WTF is going on in the UK, I just received the same message from a Diving Site I belong to................what's next a, getting yer leg over tax. FFS....anyway signed on. 8)
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Rather than road pricing, get some cars off the road.

1. Raise the driving age for new drivers! It has been necessary for pensions, it's necessary for motoring.

2. Drivers under 25 are restricted to <50 kW engines. Take away the attraction of driving for driving's sake. Reduce the death toll too.

3. Be more ruthless with offenders. No tax, MOT, licence, insurance and driving? Goodbye car, jail for you (if you can't pay the FO fine). Driving like a [email protected]? Ditto.

4. Do away with the road tax and slap more tax on fuel if you really need to hammer home the pay as you drive message. Then we can remove no tax from number 3.

5. Driving test to include basic motorcycle training (to restricted licence-not just CBT). Motorists should be multi skilled and therefore more aware. Can't do one without the other.

6. Caravans cannot be towed between 0600 and 1800.

7. Lorries may only overtake if they can complete the overtake in less than thirty seconds (but see 'driving like a [email protected]').

I'm just getting started.
  9. 8. Introduce an ubber driving licence if you want to use the motorways, use a smart tag for that. But do not use it for speeding convictions or else I'm buggered!!

9. Never vote for the liberals, their answer is to change all current speed signs to be read in kmh rather than mph!!!! That would mean the motorway speed limit would be 70kmh or around 45mph. They'll be recommending men with red flags walking infront of us next!!! Tossers!

10. Do not give driving licences to pets, especially dogs. Yes, it's just for you Seadog!!! Love you really!!!!