RNR

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by corbett12, Apr 28, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For all of those who have finished selection and have a long waiting time u could join the reserves whlist you wait for entry full time. I have joined just asked Afco and they said yes been in for two months now there's quite a lot of people in waiting to go full time but serving in the reserves. This gives you a great head start before you go in full time with kit, drill, learning Ranks and who's who etc. Gives you a great insight and you get paid. You also once ready attend a two week course down Raleigh where you pass out. Weekends are good doing activties such as for example football fieldgun walking Dartmoor and loads of other things and you get paid for great. If you are up for it ask your Afco.

2. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

3. i asked....they said they wernt accepting people who were currently on a waiting list for the RN.

Still have the email :p

4. im in the rnr at the moment, and i join full time in 4weeks, im going up to liverpool this weekend helping out with the altcar challenge, then up liverpool again next weekend with a footie tourny and thats when i hand in my letter and id card :(

5. awww. Im not sure if it were every RNR but the one where i live wont accept people on waiting lists.
    tis a shameeee. would of given me something to do in the mean time! lol

6. Ask your Afco.

7. i did. He said exactly the same

8. I'm a little surprised that some units won't take guys on waiting lists. I can understand the argument about lack of long-term commitment, but honestly, from what I've seen, the average RNR recruit doesn't stick it long and the guys who are on waiting lists generally exceed the average.

9. That's because they're all teenage (girls or boys) and get hit on by the same lecherous 40-something bloke who doesn't mind which way he gets it.

10. See you there

11. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

The problem the RNR has is that it is very busy generating people for real world mobilisations and deployments. If we take every tom dick and harry who is going regular, we end up spending time money and effort on people who we cant use in any way.

Sorry guys, its great that you're keen, but if you want to help, then go and be an adult instructor at the sea cadets, and give something back to society. The RNR is a very busy organisation at the moment, and doesnt have much slack resources to give the Raleigh waiting list somewhere cool to hang out...