RNR training facilities

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Willjar, Nov 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello there, although not part of the RNR as of yet, I have been advised to join this site by members of HMS Cambria, in order to gain some information about the RNR. As a full-time student, I am still wanting to continue with my studies, whilst being a member of the RNR. If allowed, could someone please provide me with some information for where some training bases are within the UK. I Already know about HMS Cambria and what i believe is known as HMS Eaglet...
    I have looked for the information on google and looked on a website previously to that, which google chrome doesn't seem to want to remember, and I have obtained no information from this search.
    If any information can be provided, in preparation for my future career within the RNR and my further education, I would be grateful if you could help me.
    More specific of a location needed is to what RNR base is closest to Bath Spa University, as this is my first choice of university.

thank you all very much!

Will

2. At a guess HMS Flying Fox in Brizzle!

3. Thank you both, very much! You've been a great help!

4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

13 units across the UK - depends where you want to be really.

Impressed you think you'll get a career in the RNR though ;-)

5. This is the HMS Flying Fox page on the new RN website:

Bristol - HMS Flying Fox | Royal Navy

Get in touch with them, see what they say.

You can see where the other Units are too on this page.

6. Pm me and I can send u details of the recruiting office at hms flying fox

7. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

"Pm me and I can send u details of the recruiting office at hms flying fox "

But SR - I PM'd you, and ever since then I've been getting creepy late night phone calls with deep breathing - are you telling me that I'm not the only one for you?

8. PT, it wasn't me, well never proven to be me in a court of law! :)