RNR Threads on RR

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Feb 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that the positive threads on here run for a very short time with very little response while the negative threads keep cropping up with the same old drips about the same old sh*te and they run and run?

I hold my hand up to liking a good gripe occasionally but I'd like to think that i've done my bit to put the positive side of the RNR across.

If you look at the RN threads they're not all full of complaints, the same goes for the RM/RMR/FAA threads.

Why are we such a bunch of complainers?
  2. Same reason they ask the same questions about why moral is so low at each and every Divisional meeting we have, then tell us about how they're collating the information, yet never do anything about it.

Methinks that if the powers that be really gave two hoots, they would stop trying to appease the masses by holding discussions and actually sort their sh*t out.

Personally, I'm still on a high from Strensall, so no complaining here :thumright:
  3. Are you dripping about us dripping!
  4. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Well if I drip about you dripping about his drip that we're all dripping, this thread will become even longer, thereby supporting trehorn's hypothesis :)
  5. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

...well you lot haven't got much else to do these days! 8O
  6. I thought a Bootneck on a 20 mile load carry, full marching order, bergan and heavy kit dripped, until I popped into the RNR forum for a looksee, jeez you guys take the biscuit and you'd probably drip about that because it was a Chocolate Digestive and not a Hob Nob.
  7. wot no bourbons!!!! :protest: :lol:
  8. Yeah because moral is soaring in all other parts of the fleet. I think in reality the RNR is pritty low on the fleets list of trying to appease people.
  9. 'pretty' you cock
  10. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

And while we're on the subject of spelling pedants, at least the RNR can spell morale (even if they haven't got any left!)
  11. Just why do you think a "Drip" is called a "Drip"? Because it goes on and on. It is the very nature of the thing. It may become a flood, then some one has to do some thing about it. It may just stop of its own accord, then no one has to any thing about it. But so long as it is just a drip it will go on and on and on.............
  12. I always thought morale would be better spelt as more-ale, as this always worked to improve my morale!