RNR showcase weekend

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by boncystar, Mar 17, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have put my name down for the RNR showcase weekend in April. Really looking forward to this and make a decision about joining. Been going round in my head for months. :roll:
  2. Good to see you again, BoncyStar.

Excellent News.
  3. One up north? If so may see you there.
  4. Yes the one up North. :)
  5. Its good fun mate which unit are you hoping to join in the end. (mind that Scotia is the best)
  6. Would be Dalriada as it closest to me. 8) Been down the gym 5 times a week for a year now. Hope it gonna pay off :lol:
  7. Them lowlifes!!! No accounting for taste in some people! :p Yeah that is definatly going to pay off good effort mate.
  8. In your dreams lofty Dalriada the best unit in Scotland.
  9. The showcase weekend is good for PNR's and Dalriada is the flagship unit of the RNR in the Northern region and you will be made most welcome...
  10. Eh? so that solid silver Ton minesweeper in my units QM's Lobby was a figment of my imagination? Damn wish i hadnt spent so much time polishing it!! :twisted:

Unfortunatly i will not be attending this Showcase (first missed since october 08) as i will be in Raleigh playing with bang sticks. However my flatmate will be there as a PNR and all my shipmates will be able to keep an eye on you dalriada boys and girls!
  11. Said minesweeper was the prize for the Richards Trophy , a competition that was run annually and was scrapped how many years ago???....sorry to say it's in your lobby by default not cause your're brilliant!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
  12. A small link that might show that the Richards Trophy is back in buisness...

Enjoy... :lol:
  13. looks more like an MSF to me.
  14. 2008 awards the article says... so who won it last year or was the comp even run?
  15. Ive been wondering that myself to be honest.
  16. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Me too. Also, most MSFs were built by a company called "Richards" - strong possibility its an MSF and the trophy was presented by the yard that built many of the MSFs.
  17. That sounds like the history i was told about it. I only said Ton class 'cos im an unknowing sprog.
  18. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Here's some Wikipedia information relating to ancient RNR history:

River Class Meanswiper

Ton Class
  19. As if more baby sittind duties looking after you scotiarites.
  20. Excuse bad spelling mean't to say sitting. Good luck with your bang sticks course matey.