RNR right choice for me ?

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by airwave, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all

I am have passed all the afco RNR application process and starting the holding class soon.

I recieved an email from the RAF reserves, who were my first choice 7 months ago (personal support - administration) the role I wanted to do. I never heard anything back from them and went for the RNR looking into logisitics (is that similar to personal support - administration).

My question is, I am having 2nd thoughts about the RNR and whether I am making a mistake going into the wrong reserve forces now RAF have got in touch.

What are my options ?

Thanks in advance
  2. I'd suggest a bit of time working out what an organisation does before joining it. It's not Freshers' Day.
  3. You are Blackrat and I claim my £5
  4. Having read the text from our chums in light blue - "Personnel Support Reservists provide a full range of human resources and personnel administration services. This could include providing support to fellow Servicemen and women, as well as looking after the needs of their family and friends. You’ll be doing a varied job – for example, helping personnel prepare for deployment or going on deployment yourself to provide HR support to a detachment. Your work will bring you into contact with staff from all areas of the RAF – people skills are a must." - I'd have to say that it's not remotely similar to the RNR Logistics branch, which is more about moving people and materiel than doing people's admin.