RNR Requirements

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by niall, Jun 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

I hope someone can advise me.

I want to join the RNR as an officer after leaving RN regular service. I spend 5 years in and have been out for a year.

I have a degree and postgraduate defree, but I don ont have GCSE maths at grade C.

Will my qualifications supercede this requirement, or will I have to now sit GCSE maths again?

2. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

You have to sit GCSE Maths to get a grade C.

My strong plea on this is not to try and fight the system. Over the years I've tried a couple of times to get an AIB waiver for well qualified candidates who clearly possessed the ability to pass it, but for whatever reason didnt actually have it. It took far longer, and was ultimately far more futile than just doing an evening course and getting the qualification in the first place.

What branch do you want to go into?
  3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You spent 5 years in the Andrew, have now left after seeing what regular ruperts are like and want to become one?

Sod your GSCE Maths, have your degree and post grad stuff taught you nothing?
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Thanks for the reply.

I was thinking about Warfare or Logs, but I am not sure what they are offering at the moment, as I haven't yet had time to visit the AFCO.

I was an SR lad, and am now working as a secondary school teacher in Business Education.