RNR Presentation Event

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by questuk12, Nov 19, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All, I have just placed a booking on a Royal Navy Reserve presentation event. I am just wondering. What I can expect at the event? Also, what is the dress code for this event?

Thank You

2. You might expect a mince pie with your presentation at this time of year... Well I would

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  3. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

I'd wear whatever you feel comfortable in. Its an informal event and not a job interview! That said, best to leave the gimp suit and mask till your first drill evening :)

4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

As stated, the clue is in the title - everything you wanted to know about the RNR with regards benefits to the individual, the employer, commitment required, mobilisation, selection, pay, pension, leave entitlement, personal experiences, the good bits, the bad bits, mince pies etc.

OK, lied about the mince pies, but who knows? Your unit may even have a sense of humour.

Casual dress is entirely appropriate at this juncture.

5. Haha okay I get the gist. Thanks anyway.

6. Chances are you'll get a tour of the unit and will watch a powerpoint presentation and a video showing you how cool the RNR is.

There will be a few basic stands set up, possibly an inflated life raft that you can climb in, some tatty firefighting gear to have a skeg at, a trestle table with a cam net on it, some body armour and an SA80.

That's basically it.

It won't be as good as this:

7. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Mince Pies? - You want it, you got it... Consider it done for the next RNR Live

• Like Like x 1
  8. We just got the presentation. No life raft, no cam net...psssht...:). Good biscuits provided though. Choc on top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Apparently the Army Reserves have coffee too. Well, some do.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Only REME and only in the officer's mess.

Allegedly ;)

11. No, do pay attention - Only in the CO's office, when a certain 2nd Lt is on duty, unless Claire finds a substitute for him.

• Like Like x 1
  12. The Army always seem to go a tad over the top! image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seems they're in quite a bit of hot water over this.

Looks like some people in that mess really need to let off some steam.

They should really wake up and smell the coffee.

I suppose sometimes that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Etc. etc.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Trainer

Trainer War Hero Book Reviewer

Having served in an joint environment with a Cavalry Regiment (oh WTF, it was the RTR 'Chav Cav'). Wednesday = Regimental Sport, followed by the Regimental Coffee morning, followed by Lunch. Which meant that getting anything out of any of their Officers, you were wasting your time before about 1400. We used to reckon they actually worked about 17 hours a week.

Has anybody seen the email that did the rounds a few years back from a disgruntled Major that complained that his MBE was not annotated as a Post Nom on Daily Orders? It went round and round the Navy for Weeks. By the time it got to me it must have been forwarded 100 times already.

15. 2DD
    it sounds to me like another major mess! or even somebody trying to grind the subies down!!!

• Like Like x 1