RNR Moral

Captain_Jacks

Lantern Swinger
SpliceTheMainbrace said:
Andy_Pandy said:
SpliceTheMainbrace said:
Wish we could access JPA online, it should be possible using a secure server.
This was mentioned at a JPA presentation we had in unit - the response was that it was very unlikely to happen as making it available over the internet would make it available to hackers - and considering the system contains address details etc of all members of the forces including SAS, SBS etc. not something the powers that be want to risk.
Very true! One can wish can't they? Just a hell of a lot easier to do it at home. I am armed with my sign on and password and will be breaking my JPA virginity very soon, so help me God ! hahaha
And i thought that i would be the last to get pulled headlong into the JPA world..... :twisted:

SpliceTheMainbrace

Lantern Swinger
Captain_Jacks said:
SpliceTheMainbrace said:
Andy_Pandy said:
SpliceTheMainbrace said:
Wish we could access JPA online, it should be possible using a secure server.
This was mentioned at a JPA presentation we had in unit - the response was that it was very unlikely to happen as making it available over the internet would make it available to hackers - and considering the system contains address details etc of all members of the forces including SAS, SBS etc. not something the powers that be want to risk.
Very true! One can wish can't they? Just a hell of a lot easier to do it at home. I am armed with my sign on and password and will be breaking my JPA virginity very soon, so help me God ! hahaha
And i thought that i would be the last to get pulled headlong into the JPA world..... :twisted:
Nope, you are safe in the knowledge that you are not going to be the last one! New recruits coming in all the time !!

Well Ive done online banking for 5 years now. get my Tesco shop ordered and delivered, and buy loads of stuff like flights, holidays etc online.

So if big firms like BA and tesco can provide secure server access, Im sure the MOD could.....(prob lack of money again...)

dunkers

War Hero
Northern_Part_timer said:
So if big firms like BA and tesco can provide secure server access, Im sure the MOD could.....(prob lack of money again...)
They'd get EDS in to do it and you know what they're like. "If it can be fcuked up it will be fcuked up."

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
Well Ive done online banking for 5 years now. get my Tesco shop ordered and delivered, and buy loads of stuff like flights, holidays etc online.

More probably the fact that the JPA servers reside on an "accredited network" which has strict operational security rules preventing external access. While technically the provision of a web-based front end is relatively simple, the security implications add another dimension to the complexity :(

Captain_Jacks

Lantern Swinger
FlagWagger said:

More probably the fact that the JPA servers reside on an "accredited network" which has strict operational security rules preventing external access. While technically the provision of a web-based front end is relatively simple, the security implications add another dimension to the complexity :(
Dont be silly it is just that the MOB purchased a cheap 1960's version from ebay as they could not afford the proper one :lol:

icantfly

Lantern Swinger
TF110 said:
Can anyone explain why this thread has been dragged up from over a year ago?
'cause some numpty twat with nothing better to do, no life, and no brains decided to drag it back?

:threaten:

sinbad

Lantern Swinger
dunkers said:
They'd get EDS in to do it and you know what they're like. "If it can be fcuked up it will be fcuked up."
i've worked alongside EDS for the last seven years in me civvy job

size=24]we're all DOOMED[/size]