RNR Moral

WarMonger

War Hero
GCYZ said:
M1113 said:
I am not harking back to the good old days, but the greatest recruiting aid was that grey warship, alongside the STC. You could see, touch, smell and image yourself on it. Of cause once at sea you were sea sick, worn out and smelly. But it did sort the men from the boys (it was political acceptable in them days)
For once I am in agreement with you GCYZ....the RNR needs to move FORWARD...yes see how it is spelt F O R W A R D not concentrate on the past which is BACKWARD thinking....one of the reasons the RNR is in the state it is in is the fact that with those ships the RNR were detached from the RN and the realities under which they operated...now that we are being faced with some of those realities every one is throwing their arms up in the air and declaring untold prophecies of doom!

FlagWagger

GCM
Book Reviewer
WarMonger said:
For once I am in agreement with you GCYZ....the RNR needs to move FORWARD
No, no, no, not again! Forward is already on its third site in 20 years ... :)

WarMonger said:
...yes see how it is spelt F O R W A R D not concentrate on the past which is BACKWARD thinking....one of the reasons the RNR is in the state it is in is the fact that with those ships the RNR were detached from the RN and the realities under which they operated...now that we are being faced with some of those realities every one is throwing their arms up in the air and declaring untold prophecies of doom!
Can I offer a couple of quotes on history?
- "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it."
- "History is a guide to navigation in perilous times. History is who we are and why we are the way we are."

How the RNR got to where it is (and I disagree that its all down to the MSFs) is important and unless we learn what mistakes have been previously made and don't indulge in a frenzy of blame passing anfd finger pointing, then we will make the same mistakes over and over again.

SpliceTheMainbrace

Lantern Swinger
The thing I don't like is the adminstration, there seems to be a lot of red tape, sorting out one's pay is not simple. Since the JPA thing happened I am still waiting for a week's worth of ORT to be paid and two weekend's worth of pay, this stems back to October. We haven't all got our passwords yet for JPA an so the UPO have to still organise our pay. They say it's a time consuming thing which I can appreciate, their hands are tied and they do their best. Wish we could access JPA online, it should be possible using a secure server.

On another subject, training should be more in house than having to trapse all the way to Scotland or to Plymouth and Portsmouth.

Captain_Jacks

Lantern Swinger
Training in Scotland & Gus

It is always good to get teams together and will depend on the branch where you train.

EAGLET is great for training and night out then Newcastle need i say more :p

Just remember you do get paid (eventually) for doing this

Andy_Pandy

Midshipman
SpliceTheMainbrace said:
Wish we could access JPA online, it should be possible using a secure server.
This was mentioned at a JPA presentation we had in unit - the response was that it was very unlikely to happen as making it available over the internet would make it available to hackers - and considering the system contains address details etc of all members of the forces including SAS, SBS etc. not something the powers that be want to risk.

SpliceTheMainbrace

Lantern Swinger
Andy_Pandy said:
SpliceTheMainbrace said:
Wish we could access JPA online, it should be possible using a secure server.
This was mentioned at a JPA presentation we had in unit - the response was that it was very unlikely to happen as making it available over the internet would make it available to hackers - and considering the system contains address details etc of all members of the forces including SAS, SBS etc. not something the powers that be want to risk.
Very true! One can wish can't they? Just a hell of a lot easier to do it at home. I am armed with my sign on and password and will be breaking my JPA virginity very soon, so help me God ! hahaha