RNR Live

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Oct 15, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. How's it going out there?

I'm interested to know what units have tried and what has worked and what hasn't.

We did ours a few weeks back. We seemed to get lots of publicity in local papers with interviews with our staff etc. I did think the Live events could have been pushed a little more in the interviews but generally speaking the publicity was good - for a change.

I'm pleased to hear the RNR ads on the radio. They sound well put together, snappy, interesting and informative.

We combined an RNR Live event with a training day for the unit. The guys were all briefed that the priority was taking care of visitors and I must say they did a really good job.

We had fire fighting, weapons, vehicles and comms scenarios. Everyone was asked to sign in with a contact phone number. We directed people to a "visitors centre" where they picked up an information pack. If we hadn't previously collected there details on a FOM form we asked them to complete one on the day. They were guided around the stances by one of our people and encouraged to participate as much as possible.

All in all it went well. We would have like more through the door but those who came certainly seemed to get something out of it.

What's everyone else done?

2. Not very good then?

3. Not even that good. But it is early days, and to turn around 20 years of neglect in recruiting will take time. With perseverance and the good services of our people, we should get there.