RNR Lieutenant Wanted

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by SO2Seaman, Feb 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. There is a requirement for a mobilsed RNR Lt to do some work (in the UK) for the Seaman Reserve Branch - location will be in Scotland!
    I have issued an ETM about this, so if you fancy a 6 to 12 month moblisation, PM me or read the ETM ASAP
    Thanks
    SO2Seaman

2. So I get mobilised for this job. What are the chances of getting a pier head jump to Stan?

3. Stan ? the most danger you will see is some randy drunken jock gronk, in the imps.

4. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Now, when you say this Occifer is required to "work"... :? :shock: :lol:

5. Can I use this forum to seek employment?

I am looking for a job with a maximum working week of 20 hours (preferably not every week) which pays £100,000 tax free (and if that can be paid in US dollars and fixed at the current exchange rate I would be quite pleased) with no travel involved and meals thrown in.

I am totally unqualified but am very keen to apply whatever skills I have to the task provided it isn't dangerous or dirty.

Standing by for offers ... and remember, I am FIRST in the queue!

6. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Have you considered standing for Parliament?

7. If you get an offer, and for some stupid reason, can't take it up, please think of me!

8. Clues;

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. All the right skills to run one of our financial institutions. Phone up Gordon and let him know you meet his criteria

10. Dear Broadside. My job almost fits your requirements but sadly you do need to be qualified and it does invove an awful lot of travel. Therefore I don't think I'll be taking SO2 up on his offer.

11. sgtpepperband

I have some rose-tinted spectacles - can I have the job, please?! :? :wink:

12. Yes I did look into that but my research suggested that I would have to spend some time shaking hands with people, listening to what they had to say, promising to do stuff and being very nice to them (at least until I got the job).

I have sufficiently wayward morals to be an MP (and where I do detect the occasional twinge of conscience I am sure I will be able to suppress it) but I am not sure I am really sufficiently motivated to go through all that nonsense - nonetheless, if nothing better comes along I may reconsider - thanks for the suggestion PT

13. sgtpepperband

SO2: I notice the job is for a two-ringer in Scotland. Can I assume the post is for the OIC of Side Party for HMS/M VANGUARD?! :wink:

14. SP
    I'm pleased to say that the post will not, in any way, involve working with sundodgers!
    Submarines are un-gentlemanly and distinctly un-Britsh!
    (Said in jest before the unwashed start firing emails at me :) )
    SO2Seaman

15. sgtpepperband

Aah, thanks for clarifying that. But until you mentioned "submariners" I thought you were referring to the the "Sweaty Socks"! :wink: