RNR in the news!

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by noemis, Dec 18, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Have that wren stripped, bathed and brought to my cabin at the rush.

2. Looks like the Portsmouth lot... she was Miss Commodores Prize at our passing out!

3. It is the Portsmouth lot! and don't say it like that, as if we are infectious!

4. She's a retured nurse at 25! Bloody hell - talk about half a dogwatch!

5. probably are playing with rats in sluices and ditches... Good effort tho to those who did it! one way of getting involved with the community.

6. and every one claims nurse are on crap money wish I could retire at 25 :cry:

7. "Have that wren stripped, bathed and brought to my cabin at the rush."

Sorry but I think that comment is bang out of order. She's a member of the armed forces and not some sexual plaything. Any chance you could edit that please?

8. I think you might find she is a 'registered' nurse ?
    Still it's nearly Friday...
    :grin:

9. I like to think of my member in the armed forces as a sexual plaything... or something. There's a joke in here somewhere, I know it!

10. Oh do grow up.

In case you hadn't noticed this is the 21st century. Women are currently fighting and dying on the front line (although I'd guess you wouldnt' know anything about that now would you?).

11. Tell you what Jim, you let me do the moderation.

There's a good chap.

12. I watched that programme, pleased to see the RNR getting some publicity. Might not be a bad idea if unit commanders looked out for environmental/community projects that their bods could get involved with. Always handy publicity.

13. I was part of the team for that. It was King Alfred and President bods, and an RMR from up north who took charge. It was a top day, but the camera crew had no idea what we were about - they were expecting us to march everywhere and have orders barked at us like pongos...

And that wren you talk about was a bloody hard worker.

14. "Tell you what Jim, you let me do the moderation.

There's a good chap."

In which case then oh mighty mod please try doing some. The comments are offensive and demeaning and your silence is effectively condoning this sexual harrasment.

15. Only knots I've ever seen Frenchie tie. Even his DMS are slip on!!

Lets not forget our Scottish Brothers also put a team in for the same show. Different programme though.

Good recruiting advert though, BZ DNRES for letting these activities go ahead.

16. Denigrating someone's service in the armed forces on the grounds that they had a joke whilst you threw a tantrum. Far and away the most offensive comment on this thread. There having been no women on the front line thirty years ago doesn't make that service any less worthy. Take a break and get your head sorted out, Jim30.

17. "Denigrating someone's service in the armed forces on the grounds that they had a joke whilst you threw a tantrum. Far and away the most offensive comment on this thread. There having been no women on the front line thirty years ago doesn't make that service any less worthy. Take a break and get your head sorted out, Jim30."

No actually my point is very simple. Despite what some of the crusty RNA "when I were a lad" dinosaurs on this site think, there is a lot of media scrutiny of these sites nowadays. Having a thread called "RNR in the news", then posting sexually lewd comments is just what a story starved journalist is looking for. Do you understand that in 2 or 3 days time this could be a sun story -

"get in my cabin says senior naval officer. There was outrage last night after senior officers made sexual comments following the release of a picture of a group of naval personnel".

Do you get just how quickly you can create a national scandal with one ill thought out comment? It will be innacurate, taken out of context and set back the cause of the RNR by a decade. Don't believe me - take one look at the stories the Sun writes nowadays about the RN. Also just look at Arrse to see how many non stories are quickly covered in the print media. Wake up and smell the coffee - making sexually lewd suggestions about a serving member of the RNR - who may well be surfing this site or have friends who do is not only enormously offensive to them, but also a public relations catastrophe.

I completely stand by my earlier comments - some posters attitudes are totally out of line with todays naval standards and should be removed.

18. Jim30 - I can't comment on the RNR, and I admit I left the service in 95, but some of the comments made by female personnel of all rates & ranks of the Royal Navy then made even me blush, most of the blokes I served with toned down the language in mixed company, some Wrens seemed to turn it up.

There are many female posters on Rum Ration, RN, Ex RN, RNR and non service, yet they do not seem to be overly sensitve about the comment.

19. I am locking this thread.

It seems clear that someone's sense of humour is not shared, nor it appears is it ever likely to be.

I am not deleting the thread for one simple reason, I have not had a PM from any female on this forum complaining.

ENDEX

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.