RNR Fitness Test

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Kermit11, Dec 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

I'm hoping to join the RNR soon. I received a letter to book my PFJT last week but the gym thats been referred to me has been sold. Is it possible to ask another gym to do the test if its not on the list?

I tried ringing my AFCO but they're closed 'till 7th Jan.

2. 89 views and no reply... how rude

3. No. They won't have the contract to do it. Wait until the new year.

4. with the letter including my PJFT results form, a list of Gyms that do the PJFT was included. you may have to travel

5. Ok, thanks guys

6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Congratulations.

You're the latest recruit to the cull list. You've 24 hrs to convince me you're genuine.

7. What do you mean?

8. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I mean I over exaggerated, You've 12 hours.

9. I dunno, I dunno! You mean if I'm serious about it?

10. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

While many cannot knock your enthusiasm, but consider this: it is Thursday before Christmas. Many people - including those in the RNR and AFCO - are celebrating the forthcoming holiday period by preparing to go on leave and having office parties. So excuse us while we let our hair down after what was a very hectic 2012 for the Armed Forces.

So demanding a response from us and calling everybody "rude" after 89-or so views will not endear you to the bosom of Rum Ration... :roll:

11. wal

wal Badgeman

Remember who you're addressing. Kermit II RNR.

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Last I heard was that the new PJFT contract has yet to be confirmed. The buzz was Nuffield Health according to a Naval spokesman overheard in the scran queue.

In the meantime AFCOs are liaising with RNR and RMR units in some areas so that regular & reserve applicants can undertake a PJFT under the supervision of an RN or RM PTI.

Those waiting to take a PJFT will be notified in due course by their AFCO which temporary local arrangements are in place or which new contracted fitness centre is being used.

As indicated above, most AFCOs are closed until 7th January, 'apocalypses' permitting.

13. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
  14. Well I did look but to be honest I wouldn't have a feckin clue. Maybe I should have told you to go for a run with a camera strapped to your head and then send it into your AFCO, as I'm sure they would find that acceptable given the circumstances.