RNR Fitness Test

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by scousehillier, Oct 3, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am 35 and thinking of joining the RNR, what level of fitness is required or where can I find out?

If you could help it would be appreciated.
  2. Same requirements as the regular RNFT.

Details here
    and here

This may vary slightly from unit to unit but you will have to pass the Pre Joining Fitness Test during your application stage, then work towards the RN Fitness Test levels during New Entry training. When you achieve them you can go to Raleigh/Dartmouth where you have to pass them all again.

Thenafter carry out an annaul 2.4km run or bleep test to stay in date.

Edit: those links don't show it, but there are also some situps (39 for males), pressups (23 for males), a sprint (5x55m-ish in 59secs for males) and a swim test (jump in, tread water for 3 mins, swim 40m, climb out, wearing overalls) to do before and at Raleigh/Dartmouth. No need to pass them again annually though.
  3. Thanks wannabe-atco, I will get down to the gym and get rid of my puppy handles.
  4. What are the timings for the press-ups and sit-ups?
  5. It's done to a beep of a CD player;
    "BEEP" <one pressup> "BEEP" <one pressup> and so forth.
    Roughly one per second and a half? Wouldn't like to be sure on that.
  6. Please note: At HMS Raleigh...Swimming Test is jump in deep end of pool, tread water for TWO minutes, swim 40 meters and climb out of the pool unaided.
    All with overalls on.......You then have to jump off the high board which is approximately 12 feet high.
  7. And when you add your own height onto that and that 4m from the water surface to the pool bottom is looks a lot further than that I can assure you.
  8. Don't worry – if you find yourself clinging on to the guard rail, a burly PT instructor is on hand to help you on your way... :thumright: