Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RNR Discounts

Hi,

Below is some details of discounts available to MoD people, including forces, for Microsoft Products.

Basically a "full" copy of MS Office, including Access, Powerpoint, Word, outlook, publisher etc etc.... for £17.

A saving of hundreds of pounds....Links below are internal RLI links, so you will have to access on DII/F or Navynet etc. But I have bought the software and had no issues. I have seen no specific details on if reserve forces are able to use, but states anyone working from home.

As MoD employees, you qualify for home use for both McAfee and Microsoft

The link for McAfee Home Use is: http://enterprise1.sbl.r.mil.uk/naihomeuse/ . This allows direct access to the AV Home Use website within the RLI. It is a very straightforward process enabling you to register and then benefit from a discounted Anti-virus product. Once registered, you will be sent a unique serial no which you then use to access the McAfee site to purchase and download Viruscan directly on to your PC.

The link for the Microsoft Software Assurance Benefit Scheme -SABS is: https://sabs.sbl.r.mil.uk. This allows direct access to the SABS website within the RLI. Once registered, you are given a unique pin no to proceed on to the ordering site. When we receive your order, it is transferred onto the Microsoft Site, and your card will be debited. You will then receive a copy of your ordered software to your home address. This is normally dispatched within 28 days direct from Microsoft.

There are two options available on SABS:

Home Use Programme – HUP

· The products available are: MS Office XP or 2003 (containing Word/Excel/Access/PowerPoint/Publisher/Outlook), FrontPage, Project, & Visio, all currently priced at £17.31 each. This is a one time, one install product, and is available provided that your place of work holds an equivalent EA License. The HUP is for use where employees are using their home PC for doing work at home.

Employee Purchase Programme –EPP

· This enables the customer to purchase commercially available products that are available from outlets such as PC World, at greatly reduced costs. These include everything on HUP, and also Operating Systems, plus a selection of hardware, games and personal productivity software.

The EPP is for use on your own PC without restrictions. However, the costs are greater than HUP. For a full list of products and prices please log on to the SABS Site.

Couple more that aren't in the Forces Discount Brochire...

20% off non-petrol (I've only ever used it for food/drinks) at Moto Service Stations.

Krispy Kreme dougnuts, variable discounts, 30% in some places (except for the Harrods outlet who said no - probably the one girl behind the counter didn't know).

Costco ('trade' hypermarket) permits UK Fores to join on productiuon of ID card and proof of address. You can actually get some really good deals in there, well worth the annual £25 membership fee.

Do not go to the Egyptian Grocer's Emporium in rig he will throw you out. Second thoughts do not go there any way. He is trying to harass an old War Hero and his ex RN son in the courts at the moment.

Can also vouch for Costco. I originally joined in the USA on my id card.

Wasn't Stringfellow being done over big style in Londinium and a few Matelots helped him out?
That was the one I heard, probably the usual yarn-spinning though.

this is a good one.
especially useful in the states but applicable here too.
every hotel/motel has a baseline price they can go down to. the advertised price is the punter price. show your ID to duty manager and ask for their best price. in the states this can halve the cost of your accommodation. good discounts here too. :???:

Deckhead_Inspector said:
Do not go to the Egyptian Grocer's Emporium in rig he will through you out. Second thoughts do not go there any way. He is trying to harass an old War Hero and his ex RN son in the courts at the moment.

I'm not a big fan of the place either, especially with some of the ridiculous statements and allegations he's been peddling. The wife wanted to have a look as she'd never been.

Good enough for me PT. Only time I have been there was when I was dragged in by SWMBO.

Just had a thought. Whilst not a discount I understand that Gieves have always written off outstanding accounts of officers KIA. Possibly still true, just hope it is not put to the test.

Deckhead_Inspector said:
Do not go to the Egyptian Grocer's Emporium in rig he will through you out.

How about anyone who happens to be in rig in London makes a point of dropping into H- to see when they stop throwing us out? :D

PartTimer said:
Couple more that aren't in the Forces Discount Brochire...

20% off non-petrol (I've only ever used it for food/drinks) at Moto Service Stations.

Krispy Kreme dougnuts, variable discounts, 30% in some places (except for the Harrods outlet who said no - probably the one girl behind the counter didn't know).

Costco ('trade' hypermarket) permits UK Fores to join on productiuon of ID card and proof of address. You can actually get some really good deals in there, well worth the annual £25 membership fee.

Related theme to food/drinks at Moto (but not specifically an MOD discount), BiTe card is your friend on the railways for 20% off at various station outlets. They don't send you junk mail (in my experience) if you tick the opt-out box and the card is yours within a week.

Costco - I used to visit their Gateshead branch now and again with a friend on his card. The membership fee is easily recouped with the available discounts (something like 40-60% off the entire UK range of Michelins - fitted to your car while you shop)...

Oakleys sunglass say they give trade prices but it is in fact 20% off retail. Contact number on forces discount website.

just ordered myself a pair saved me around £30 better than a kick in the teeth

Latest Threads