RNR after MD from Army

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by Nelly Phant, Oct 22, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all. I was MDd from the Army back in 08 due to an injury sustained on TELIC. I'm in receipt of a 20% war pension.

I'm still relatively fit, have all my limbs etc, and if anything my injury has improved since my MD (it's a sternoclavicular subluxation, fact fans)

I've been thinking of joining the RNR but was wondering if a previous MD was an automatic bar to entry or if things are dealt with on a case by case basis?
  2. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Try a PM to Angry Doc Nelly He is probably in the best position to advise you, though R3 might be along shortly :director:
  3. Haha well i never give medical advice unless its the usual 'ask the AFCO or your Doctor' etc so you can wind it in with your snarky comments.

Hope it all works out for you nelly phant.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Not a doctor, not even R3 I'm afraid, just a recruiter, but if you are fit for further Army service, then the same broadly applies to the RN. Be aware, if you're in receipt of a medical pension & are now claiming you're fully fit, then it's going to be one or the other.

Angrydoc, will hopefully give you a pointer on whether or not your injury is a permanent bar or not.

Good luck.
  5. Not AD, but another with knowledge of the intricacies of matters medical.

If you have been medically discharged from another Service, with an ongoing condition, then the chance of you meeting the medical entry standards are very unlikely.

Applications are individual, but you will have to run the gauntlet of pre-scrutiny of your former Service med-docs before you see a medic face to face. I would say good luck, but I know the chap who does the reviews and rules is rules!!!
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Yeah, Think I know him too. Is he that pig-ugly fella with no sense of humour?
  7. Aw, that's not nice. His heart is in the right place (apparently). I know he doesn't believe all of the rules make sense.

Sent from my HTC One X using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
    • Like Like x 1
  8. I've never met an occupational physician with a sense of humour. How the entire specialty escaped DMS20 is a mystery. Oh hang on - they wrote it.

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (iOS)
  9. Ninja_Stoker

It made me laugh, though ^^
  10. (AD) I can't comment on OccMed escape plans, but they do seem to have it swept up. (NS) I did find it funny, lol and I'm still smiling.:)

Sent from my HTC One X using Navy Net - Rum Ration mobile app
  11. I wouldn't bother mate, as someone with former service, the joining process will be very long and complicated for you. You'll be dead by the time the RNR get round to processing your paperwork and giving you a join date.
    • Like Like x 1