Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RNP Training

Drakey

War Hero
I have deep regrets about posting anything on here o_O gimme a break - coming from a completely non naval background and clearly know absolutely nothing but cheers for ripping me a new one:p is it possible to delete posts hahaha
We are old and bold on here (mainly) and are constantly frustrated by the "need to be spoon fed" generation that want to know everything about everything and not willing to wait to experience it. Your partner would have been questioned about his knowledge of training etc at interview so he should be able to answer your initial questions.

D

Deleted 106329

We are old and bold on here (mainly) and are constantly frustrated by the "need to be spoon fed" generation that want to know everything about everything and not willing to wait to experience it. Your partner would have been questioned about his knowledge of training etc at interview so he should be able to answer your initial questions.
Yeah that’s fair enough - but as I said, it’s just me being nosy. He’s quite happy to sit back and take everything as it comes, I like to know these things tho :p Also doesn’t help that we now need to plan our wedding amongst his training (covid cancelled it twice already) so just wanna know timelines and stuff! Cheers tho:)

slim

War Hero
Haha thanks, just to clarify, he didn’t even know I was posting on here - so he’s not as thick as I may have made out :p Poor love is already getting enough stick for joining the RNP - ah well, rather him than me! :p Who needs friends anyways???
You have certainly proven that you have a sense of humour.
We all take the p!ss out of the regulating branch as it used to be called. However I bet everyone of us on here have been or are still mates with some members of the branch. Uncle Tom Wilkinson of the ARK Royal series sailor was liked by most people, even those he had to put in the rattle.
I was mates with a Jossman named Twiggy Parry, now there was a poacher turned gamekeeper. However my lips are sealed :)

D

Deleted 106329

You have certainly proven that you have a sense of humour.
We all take the p!ss out of the regulating branch as it used to be called. However I bet everyone of us on here have been or are still mates with some members of the branch. Uncle Tom Wilkinson of the ARK Royal series sailor was liked by most people, even those he had to put in the rattle.
I was mates with a Jossman named Twiggy Parry, now there was a poacher turned gamekeeper. However my lips are sealed :)
Haha cheers! I’m sure it’s just dependant on your attitude. If you go in all cocksure and predatory, you will be hated! He’s going into it well aware that it’s probably the least “liked” role in the RN. So he very much knows his audience :p

Waspie

War Hero
Haha thanks, just to clarify, he didn’t even know I was posting on here - so he’s not as thick as I may have made out :p Poor love is already getting enough stick for joining the RNP - ah well, rather him than me! :p Who needs friends anyways???
That's OK, after the lobotomy you'll probably notice some minor changes!!!!
And if he thinks he's getting stick now!!!!!!
But no - don't spoil the surprise!!!!

D

Deleted 106329

That's OK, after the lobotomy you'll probably notice some minor changes!!!!
And if he thinks he's getting stick now!!!!!!
But no - don't spoil the surprise!!!!
Plot twist - lobotomy has already been performed! Haha spoilers are the worst anyways!!

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
Plot twist - lobotomy has already been performed! Haha spoilers are the worst anyways!!
Well done for kicking back at them, you'll get a lot more advice that way, those that throw their toys out of the pram get short shrift. Having said that have you no pride, marrying a Crusher. ;);)

Yeah that’s fair enough - but as I said, it’s just me being nosy. He’s quite happy to sit back and take everything as it comes, I like to know these things tho :p Also doesn’t help that we now need to plan our wedding amongst his training (covid cancelled it twice already) so just wanna know timelines and stuff! Cheers tho:)
If you are a teeny bit interested in your OH's career path this Link provides a potted history of the RN's 'police' branch:

'tis only fairly recently that applicants are recruited direct from Civvy Street - Previously they transferred across from a wide range of other, source Branches, having learned the (wionderful & wickedly) peculiar ways of our enclosed RN world before crossing over to the 'Darker Side'.

As even a fully-trained Direct Entry RN Police Person lacks that previously invaluable grounding, many would say it was not one of Pusser's greatest ideas. Those of us with a few years Service will have encountered the whole range of Crusher's personalities - from the nit-picking, overly-ambitious jobsworth to the genuinely sympathetic and more helpful types, no reason to believe the Direct Entry Cushers cadre will be/or is any different

Jolly Jack/Jenny is rarely a natural born criminal, on the whole transgressions are often related to drink-having-been-taken. Most of us here would grudgingly accept that the RN Police lot is not a happy one but take an unspoken comfort in the fact that it's someone else's thankless task to deal and relish in the challenges of the dirty work involved with more serious cases.

Overall, the RN presents an attractive career & way of life to whatever one's chosen Branch is - We all share/have shared the privations, privileges & pride of life in a blue suit.

So - Get used to the Banter & embrace it, support him as needed and Welcome to that long-suffering gang of RN Dependents!

Bob L

Waspie

War Hero
We have to dislike something and coppers of any shape size and origin fit the 'bill' (geddit), perfectly!!!!

Our LReg at Prestwick was nicknamed the 'Alsatian'. He was OK(ish), we even gave him his own flying log book because he spent enough time in a Sea King hiding out of the way!!!! Cunning blighter!!! (Useful for extra warrants though).

D

Deleted 106329

Well done for kicking back at them, you'll get a lot more advice that way, those that throw their toys out of the pram get short shrift. Having said that have you no pride, marrying a Crusher. ;);)
Ahhh if you can’t beat em, join em right?! ;) Haha someone has to marry them!!!

D

Deleted 106329

If you are a teeny bit interested in your OH's career path this Link provides a potted history of the RN's 'police' branch:

'tis only fairly recently that applicants are recruited direct from Civvy Street - Previously they transferred across from a wide range of other, source Branches, having learned the (wionderful & wickedly) peculiar ways of our enclosed RN world before crossing over to the 'Darker Side'.

As even a fully-trained Direct Entry RN Police Person lacks that previously invaluable grounding, many would say it was not one of Pusser's greatest ideas. Those of us with a few years Service will have encountered the whole range of Crusher's personalities - from the nit-picking, overly-ambitious jobsworth to the genuinely sympathetic and more helpful types, no reason to believe the Direct Entry Cushers cadre will be/or is any different

Jolly Jack/Jenny is rarely a natural born criminal, on the whole transgressions are often related to drink-having-been-taken. Most of us here would grudgingly accept that the RN Police lot is not a happy one but take an unspoken comfort in the fact that it's someone else's thankless task to deal and relish in the challenges of the dirty work involved with more serious cases.

Overall, the RN presents an attractive career & way of life to whatever one's chosen Branch is - We all share/have shared the privations, privileges & pride of life in a blue suit.

So - Get used to the Banter & embrace it, support him as needed and Welcome to that long-suffering gang of RN Dependents!

Bob L
Cheers for the info! Defo up for the banter, life is boring without it! :cool:

Waspie

War Hero
What about the travel warrants, don’t forget the warrants. Makes them useful both at sea for mail and alongside for travel.
I thought that right after hitting 'Post Reply' but then I remembered the only 'Reggie' that actually worked the warrant system was a PO Chockhead. (Squadron Reggie at Gannet). The real ones were never helpful for me on the warrant front!!!

huwshpis

War Hero
Don’t forget that small ships, like Mine Countermeasures Vessels, seldom carry Crushers. They can, however, be found on Frigates, Destroyers, Boats, Aircraft Carriers and in stone frigates all over the globe.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
What about the travel warrants, don’t forget the warrants. Makes them useful both at sea for mail and alongside for travel.
Done by UPO or Scribes onboard these days.
Don’t forget that small ships, like Mine Countermeasures Vessels, seldom carry Crushers. They can, however, be found on Frigates, Destroyers, Boats, Aircraft Carriers and in stone frigates all over the globe.
Do Boats have Crushers now?
No crushers on boats, still the Cox'n and his dog, plus a scribes.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Thinking about joining RNP Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Dartmouth or RNP? Advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
R RNP. CPO or Master? The Gash Barge 25
Y RNP Aquaint - What to expect? Bases / Shore Est 23
MoD_RSS Cadet Force adult volunteer saves woman’s life thanks to army cadet first aid training MoD News 0
G Royal Navy Marine Engineer Professional Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 17
MoD_RSS PHE launches new Psychological First Aid training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Expansion of prison kitchen training scheme to cut reoffending MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New UK Cyber Security Council to be official governing body on training and standards MoD News 0
R RFA training Bases / Shore Est 2
MoD_RSS Changes to the training you need for an SIA licence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New kitchen and dining facility at Cameron Barracks enhances training experience for armed forces MoD News 0
R Observer Training Pipeline The Gash Barge 9
D WARFARE OFFICER TRAINING + CAREER PIPELINE (up to date, 2021) Joining the Royal Navy 10
MoD_RSS New carbon efficient accommodation marks start of nationwide improvements on the Defence Training Estate MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Baby red squirrels born on Ballykinler Training Area MoD News 0
B royal fleet auxiliary training Joining the Royal Navy 4
MoD_RSS New NHS maternity leadership training to address Ockenden Review recommendations MoD News 0
IlikeB33r GYH(T) Capped at training establishments? Diamond Lil's 57
R CIS Submariner Phase 2 & Sub Training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
pompeyexpat Capita to run training Current Affairs 15
MoD_RSS Letter from Amanda Spielman to the Secretary of State for Justice about Rainsbrook Secure Training Centre MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Written Ministerial Statement on Unconscious Bias Training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS SIA suspends over 130 licences and seeks retraining after investigating training fraud MoD News 0
M Cold weather training? Sports and Adventure Training 20
A Terms at BRNC & Observer grading & training thereafter Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
RabC Training Places Joining the Royal Navy 2
MoD_RSS British Embassy Costa Rica provides training for customs officials on UK-Central America Association Agreement MoD News 0
S Training Diary for appeal Joining the Royal Navy 3
MoD_RSS Top award for regulator training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ministry of Defence Police clamp down on illegal activity and keep the training estate safe in the south east MoD News 0
P Pipeline Training RFA 1
K Please help with Interview and Training information Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
MoD_RSS Training fund launched to help vets prepare for 1 January 2021 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Major expansion of post-18 education and training to level up and prepare workers for post-COVID economy MoD News 0
S RFA Training Pipeline RFA 11
MoD_RSS Completion of training facility at RAF Waddington MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Joint approach to training gets international recognition MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: launch of ‘help us say yes’ online training MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Training for Security Control Room Operators in Responding to Terrorist Incidents – We would like your views MoD News 0
soleil P. News: "HMS Queen Elizabeth Leaves Portsmouth For Training With US Marines F-35" The Fleet 8
N HMS Sultan Simulator training Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
P Training leave Joining the Royal Navy 8
B Can I wear athletic tape during Royal Marine Commando training ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS UK launches multinational training to enhance Ukrainian Navy against threats from the East MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Troops reach training milestone ahead of UN Peacekeeping deployment to Mali MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ride Free: new online motorcycle training to improve road safety MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Theory tests and motorcycle training and tests to restart in Scotland MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New teacher training inspections to focus on the ITE curriculum MoD News 0
Z Logistics Officer Training RFA 4