RNP Aquaint - What to expect?

Discussion in 'Bases / Shore Est' started by yolo2014, Sep 28, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Could anyone who has recently undertaken the Royal Navy Police aquaint course in Portsmouth give me a general idea of day to day activities on the course itself?

(Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum...)
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2014
  2. pop corn.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Is the first day used to discuss the issues you had on your source trade Killicks course?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. See, on ARRSE this would be a half decent thread. On here, a descent into dits from the 70s about joss men I hated is inevitable.
    • Like Like x 2
  5. But at least here it will be entertaining..;)
  6. Someone did reccomend this site to me :-/ lol
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Random punt, but is your acquaint course a formal time-tabled event or a loan acquaint with the local service police unit?

If the former, I'd have thought the sponsor should be able to give a course programme. If the latter, I'd have thought the content would be dictated by the ongoing nefarious deeds committed by the Naval underworld and detected in the locality.

Reminds me of the time I was in Gib, the joss was horribly buggered by Charlie, etc., ....:)
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have been given the course content rather than the course programme, I'm not after detailed info, more just wondering if anyone had done the course and an idea of how the course content is put into action as such? the only idea I have been given is that it is a 12 hr work pattern, and that I will be tested on literary, briefs etc etc, but no general idea of a timetable as such. (Not yet obvs)

9. Literary? Do you mean literacy? You will go far in your chosen branch grasshopper...:)
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Doesn't look good does it! That reply was done on my phone minus my glasses :D ...Yes I'm blaming the tools...
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Well,you'll be working with some tools.Just try not to become like them. Good luck anyway.;)
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Not forgetting HMS Ganges.....
  13. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Hopefully a computer-savvy service policeperson will perambulate upon this thread and impart some wisdom on the subject.

Good luck, evenin' all.
  14. Where's old SPB? Been a while since iv been on here.
  15. Asking questions on Rum ration ref RNP acquaint courses

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. No it woudnt, it would have been monkey this monkey that. Do you like red? Your mam will disown you.

That is exactly how this would have gone arrse.

And on that note you might find this link interesting.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. I fondly recall giving my statement to the RPO at Collingwood after being caught riding my motorbike around the base naked.

He didn't appreciate me pointing out all his spelling and grammatical errors as he was writing out what I was saying.

At one point I actually thought he was writing like a spastic on purpose in order to make it look like I was stupid. For example I said: "Yes, I admit, I was probably a bit drunk" He simply wrote "I were drunk." After correcting him 3 or 4 more times and teaching him the difference between their, there and they're, I realised that he was just a thick ****.

On my subsequent 9 days 9s, I took the opportunity to piss in his kettle at every available opportunity, as did the scouse comms rating who was there for fighting.

One assumes the RNP acquaint course will involve an assessment of your ability to stab your oppos in the back, remove your spine, kiss the XO's arse and reject all social interaction with your mess mates.
    • Like Like x 5
  18. That's more like it!
  19. Yes reggies always blame the tools (their name for sailors)
  20. Killick Reg doing dog watch sports with all his oppos:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2