Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RNP Aquaint - What to expect?

yolo2014

Could anyone who has recently undertaken the Royal Navy Police aquaint course in Portsmouth give me a general idea of day to day activities on the course itself?

Cheers!

(Sorry if I've posted in the wrong forum...)

Last edited:

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Random punt, but is your acquaint course a formal time-tabled event or a loan acquaint with the local service police unit?

If the former, I'd have thought the sponsor should be able to give a course programme. If the latter, I'd have thought the content would be dictated by the ongoing nefarious deeds committed by the Naval underworld and detected in the locality.

Reminds me of the time I was in Gib, the joss was horribly buggered by Charlie, etc., ....:)

yolo2014

I have been given the course content rather than the course programme, I'm not after detailed info, more just wondering if anyone had done the course and an idea of how the course content is put into action as such? the only idea I have been given is that it is a 12 hr work pattern, and that I will be tested on literary, briefs etc etc, but no general idea of a timetable as such. (Not yet obvs)

Cheers

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hopefully a computer-savvy service policeperson will perambulate upon this thread and impart some wisdom on the subject.

Good luck, evenin' all.

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Literary? Do you mean literacy? You will go far in your chosen branch grasshopper...:)

I fondly recall giving my statement to the RPO at Collingwood after being caught riding my motorbike around the base naked.

He didn't appreciate me pointing out all his spelling and grammatical errors as he was writing out what I was saying.

At one point I actually thought he was writing like a spastic on purpose in order to make it look like I was stupid. For example I said: "Yes, I admit, I was probably a bit drunk" He simply wrote "I were drunk." After correcting him 3 or 4 more times and teaching him the difference between their, there and they're, I realised that he was just a thick ****.

On my subsequent 9 days 9s, I took the opportunity to piss in his kettle at every available opportunity, as did the scouse comms rating who was there for fighting.

One assumes the RNP acquaint course will involve an assessment of your ability to stab your oppos in the back, remove your spine, kiss the XO's arse and reject all social interaction with your mess mates.

I fondly recall giving my statement to the RPO at Collingwood after being caught riding my motorbike around the base naked.

He didn't appreciate me pointing out all his spelling and grammatical errors as he was writing out what I was saying.

At one point I actually thought he was writing like a spastic on purpose in order to make it look like I was stupid. For example I said: "Yes, I admit, I was probably a bit drunk" He simply wrote "I were drunk." After correcting him 3 or 4 more times and teaching him the difference between their, there and they're, I realised that he was just a thick ****.

On my subsequent 9 days 9s, I took the opportunity to piss in his kettle at every available opportunity, as did the scouse comms rating who was there for fighting.

One assumes the RNP acquaint course will involve an assessment of your ability to stab your oppos in the back, remove your spine, kiss the XO's arse and reject all social interaction with your mess mates.

That's more like it!

2_deck_dash

War Hero
Killick Reg doing dog watch sports with all his oppos:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Thinking about joining RNP Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
D Dartmouth or RNP? Advice needed Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
R RNP. CPO or Master? The Gash Barge 25
W mcd aquaint january Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 25
D Mine Clearance Diver Aquaint Course? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
TotalAlien Warfare Potential Officers Aquaint Course - HMS collingwood Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
K HMS Collingwood Warfare Officer Aquaint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
M Aquaint or not aquaint that is the question Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 21
W report back on the aquaint course at HMS Caledonia Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
K logisitics aquaint course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
M Engineer Officer Aquaint Course Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 11
O Who is on the April Pre Entry DIving Aquaint? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
D Air Aquaint Course 11th - 14th... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
S Pre Entry Diving Aquaint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
O Pre Entry Diving Aquaint Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
D Air Aquaint Course. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
A aquaint course 3rd sept anyone? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
M Diving aquaint The Fleet 1
D Triage Call - What To Expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7
K Passed medical, what is next and how long should I expect before intake? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
K What to expect from the RFA? RFA 8
MoD_RSS Fiona Dickie tells tenants what to expect when they request MRO MoD News 0
A Filter Interview coming up... What to expect? Joining the Royal Navy 0
S What can I expect day to day? RFA 39
MoD_RSS Press release: Video released to help victims understand what to expect during the parole process MoD News 0
Maxpowers How long after PJFT can I expect an entry date Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 45
N What to expect from POV visit? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
C [ UGAS MESM] Eligibility Call tomorrow, what can I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
L.L1878 PRNC MOD CALEDONIA May 2018. What to expect Joining the Royal Navy 18
Bad CO Upgrade Beginning - Expect Disruption! Site Issues 5
R How long should I expect to wait for my start date? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Subadubdub PRNC & what to expect. Joining the Royal Navy 39
W What to expect from the interview? RFA 24
N What am i to expect as an engineer apprentice. RFA 50
TairyHesticles AET - what to expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
M Cold calling on the Recruitment Office. What can you expect. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
K Medical, what should I expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 19
dirtyweeally Initial Careers Presentation, what to expect? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
Stirling Ladies We Admire: expect robust mod action The Quarterdeck 153
fails_as_is I expect this will go down like a cup of cold sick... Current Affairs 32
M Air observer officer- what should i expect? The Fleet Air Arm 36
B What would you expect? Health & Fitness 6
Jammydodger URNU Medical, what to expect? Health & Fitness 3
A PRNC and what to expect. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 2
Rumrat What does England expect from the commonwealth Games? Diamond Lil's 16
Passed-over_Loggie Should a Pal Expect Unlimited Help? Health & Fitness 17
P hair cuts and what to expect? The Gash Barge 25
K FFS, you expect it from the civvie press but the MOD website Current Affairs 24
T What to expect to witness at sea....... Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
T tips on what to expect Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 7