RNLI providing foreign aid?

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Sadly, it looks like the RNLI has scored another PR own goal, insofar as they have seemingly been sending a lot of cash to Third Words countries. All well and good if you are Oxfam, but NOT what I expect when I drop my cash into a RNLI collecting tin. I want and expect my cash to be used for the saving of lives around our coasts. It is bad enough that they are cutting back stations.

This comes after the debacle(s) recently where the HR/PR team were sacking crew members.

janner

MIA
Book Reviewer
They are now cutting around 120 from the Poole HQ, hopefully those that were responsible for the attacks on the crews at the front line will be among them.

slim

War Hero
The rNLI provide a sterling service.
However it is not a wise move to piss of donors by giving money away overseas.

Ballistic

War Hero
Sadly, it looks like the RNLI has scored another PR own goal, insofar as they have seemingly been sending a lot of cash to Third Words countries. All well and good if you are Oxfam, but NOT what I expect when I drop my cash into a RNLI collecting tin. I want and expect my cash to be used for the saving of lives around our coasts. It is bad enough that they are cutting back stations.

This comes after the debacle(s) recently where the HR/PR team were sacking crew members.

"In 2018 we spent £3.3M on international projects. At just 2% of the RNLI’s total spend, this covers everything from advocacy work at the United Nations to setting up training pools in Bangladesh. "

Well, that's easy.

Just pay the RNLI 2% less.

There ya go, job done. ;)

pg55555

Lantern Swinger

Lots of video on TV of the RNLI "rescuing" illegal immigrants. Surely the Government should be paying the RNLI for this work as it is the navy's task really ?

WreckerL

War Hero

Lots of video on TV of the RNLI "rescuing" illegal immigrants. Surely the Government should be paying the RNLI for this work as it is the navy's task really ?
More Border Force, which is part of the Home Office, no doubt with RN back up if required.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
janner Miscellaneous 0
janner Films, Music, TV & All Things Artsy 18
soleil The Fleet 0