RNFT times

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by Shakey, Oct 5, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What's everyone's current time for the 2.4km / mile and half run?

Mine's 9:34.

(Yes I am showing off.)

Saw some lass go round in 10:40, was quite impressed.
  2. 3 Hours but there were a couple of pups on the route
  3. Pubs?
  4. 8.15. ya ha.
  5. Don't you mean dogs?.
  6. I know what I mean, I likes em young
  7. As long as I can finish the run, any time is good for me.
  8. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

12:15 but I'm an old bugger...
  9. 10 mins 15, not bad for a 35 year old.
  10. Best result I got, was avoiding the damn thing for three years. Never had a problem passing it, just don't like doing it.
  11. I managed 10.43 when I was 42.

Since then, I have always done the bleep test and averaged around 9.6, which I suppose is not bad for a 46 year old. :)
  12. What are the required times?

I did it in the late 80's and I think it was within 12 mins, can't remember my times but, I passed
  13. I'm with you there shippers, no one said it had to be enjoyable, which is just as well cos it isn't.
  14. I'm never inclined to train for such events but after a bit of a beasting my PB was at Raleigh at 8.56.

My last was a 9.20 on the flight deck just off Salalah (joy) which to the exact second got me an Excellent pass for my age (my DO said I had to get one but nil wasted additional effort ;-) ).
  15. Am down to 9:08. It did hurt though.
  16. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I can cruise in at about 1 minute (on my Ducati Monster S4!)
  17. 9.44 a few weeks ago for my PJFT, want to knock of minute off that when i get fit at Raleigh.
  18. FlagWagger

FlagWagger Book Reviewer

Let's see, 1.5 miles in 1 minute = 90 miles in 60 minutes or in otherwords "SP30: Exceeding statutory speed limit on a public road" :)
  19. I have to do one in the next few weeks any tips for the pre joining 2.4km, treadmill jog !!!!