Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RNDQ's

Never heard mention of RNDQ’s in Singapore although they had virtually everything else. Our principle miscreant the Ldg Reg was shipped off back home from Singapore sharpish shorn of hook and badges and sporting an ME 2’s badge much to the dismay of the stokers mess. Whatever his crime was it was hushed up, no clear lower deck for the reading of the warrant and the rumour mill as a consequence ran riot.

Never heard mention of RNDQ’s in Singapore although they had virtually everything else. Our principle miscreant the Ldg Reg was shipped off back home from Singapore sharpish shorn of hook and badges and sporting an ME 2’s badge much to the dismay of the stokers mess. Whatever his crime was it was hushed up, no clear lower deck for the reading of the warrant and the rumour mill as a consequence ran riot.
There were plenty of opportunities to stray from the straight and narrow in Singas.

As a squadron leader we carried a two and half as MO, our own sickbay rangers were joined by other difficult to treat cases from sundry other ships we crossed paths with.
Dire warnings were frequently dished out about particularly difficult to treat strains of STD passed to the the Yanks supposedly by specially infected Vietnamese hookers and then passed around by yanks in their home ports and R&R area’s of which Hong Kong was one.
The LMA who shared our mess frequently moaned about being harrassed on a daily basis by an anonymous senior rate who had acquired a cracking crop of penile warts and was desperate to get shut before he got back to the UK. He wasn’t too happy at being told they were a viral infection and there wasn’t a miracle cure and eventually they would go away of their own accord. As you could imagine helpful suggestions poured in such as Dettol and the wire brush and cauterising with a red hot poker etc etc.
As an eighteen year old from a council estate the Far East was a revelation. The LMA’s revelations far less appealing.

Last edited:
No I never heard of RNDQ's in singers either, spent the best part two and a half years there off and on in the 60's.

Latest Threads