RNAS Yeovilton work experience?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by FAAWanabee, Oct 10, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm currently in the first year of 6th form with the opportunity of being able to get time off for work experience.

I was wondering whether Yeovilton have opportunities for work experience? If so, what does it entail and how would I go about organising it; directly through Yeovilton or with my recruiting officer?

Any replies would be appreciated!

2. Sounds like a great idea, contact your recruiter and take his advice

3. I did a weeks work experience at RNAS Yeovilton back in 2009. Really good week and got to go flying in both a grob and a lynx and also had a go in the lynx simulator. Mine was organised by a family friend who was based at Yeovilton at the time so I'm not sure how you would go about applying however my input is purely to tell you to do anything in your power to get it, really is a great week and a massive insight into the FAA. Good luck.

4. Sounds good, I've done similar stuff whilst at uni.

Edit. I'd take the advise above, you if don't know anyone at Yeovilton who can set it up for you, speak to your ACLO.
    Have you got an URNU near you? Might be good for some sea time. Same with an UAS or air experience.

5. Work? Fleet Air Arm? Week?

6. If you look up you will see the UK military's finest flying when your 12:00 on the dot weekending!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Fixed that for you, no charge.

• Like Like x 1