RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July 2009

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jul 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Re: RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July

If you are coming to the Air Day, head towards Fly Navy Heritage Trust Marques (next to the large static aircraft) where you will see all the work that we are doing to promote and preserve Britain’s Naval Aviation Heritage and you can try the new Swordfish Beer, created by our partners at Wadworth’s Brewery and Pusser’s Rum.

At our enclosure, members will be able to bring in three guests each to:

• take a break from the hustle and bustle of the day, sit out, lunch and still have good views of the air displays in the company of like minded people…

• sample the wares of our partners from Wadworth Brewery and Pusser’s Rum with the new Swordfish Beer and of course the famous Pusser’s Painkiller!

• enjoy a private picnic area or indeed a light lunch organised by the Trust (if you let the office know beforehand!).

Members can also enjoy reduced ticket prices for entr to the Air Day...

The Trust is an educational charity that has an on-going task of raising in excess of £250,000 every year to fill the MOD shortfall, which keeps the Historic Flight’s aircraft airborne and provides financial support the Fleet Air Arm's Museum and Memorial Church.

Your help to support Britain's Naval Aviation Heritage is important to us and a minimum donation of £20 will allow us to move closer to providing an even better memorial to those that have been before and who currently serve. In return, we will send you news letters about our activities and offer exclusive opportunities for you to join in the wide range of unique events that we organise each year for our supporters.

e-mail: office @ fnht.co.uk
    Telephone: 01935 842 005

2. Sorry will be sampling the delight of the Nuffield Centre with the rest of the chockheads.

3. Spent many a happy hour at VL Air days but have been very dissappointed over the last few years as they were nothing more than a commercial venture with very little going on.

4. Must have gone downhill since I left the Air Day Co-Ordianting Team in 84 then.

5. Re: RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July

See you in the Nuffs then CH819. Bring your wallet as I will have Bits and Bobs for sale.............
    Roofs

6. Re: RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July

Weather forecast is rain, lots of it on Saturday.

7. Re: RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July

Looks set to rain from midday onwards, what a bummer!

Just caught the red arrows flying around Filton airfield, still looking forward to it!

8. well that was a waste of money!! I understand about cloud blah blah & it wasn't a problem but piss poor static a/c unless you like seakings, considering it was 100th anniversary the RNHF was having maintenance?? only a sea fury static.

Most people disappeared when it was announced the Vulcan was U/S again, lots of VTTS people pissed off that its continually duff.

Allegedly, the company running the show are causing bother & Freece Tricolori aren't going back. The italians wanted to fly off but told no, they asked AHA for food & accomadation but were refused.

Only positive thing was meeting old chockhead mates & met up with instructor from SAH (77)

9. The weather was bad, but the short display given by the French Rafaele and the Belgian F16 were good.
    Why do"nt they have the show inSeptember?? as the last couple of Julys have been washouts.

10. Given that experience do you honestly think theres any point in going to the Culdrose Airday?

11. Re: RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July

Looks like my son did me a favour by turning up and making me cancel my air show visit.

12. Re: RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July

Nice to see you in the Nuffield Centre Ginge.
    It has become a custom for the Aircraft Handlers Association to fund the entertainment in the Nuffield Centre on the Saturday night of Air Day. The Committee discussed and decided that the profits from our Raffle would this year go to, "Help for Hero's". Well done and thanks to all who helped organise and contributed to the event.
    £150.00 being sent.
    Roofs

13. we still have airdays, with what!