RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2012 - Saturday, 23 June 2012

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, May 31, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Looking forward to this. Attended last year for the first time and can't wait to go back :thumleft:

2. We'll be there. If you see us pop in and say hi!

3. Like to go there, but will be at Waddington the week after, question of time and to a degree expense. I attend on average about 7/8 airshows per year, so do get to see the RN content quite a bit. The Black Cats will be at Waddington, so will be able to see them, missing out Fairford this year, last year was a disaster, too wet and windy and no shelter on that blasted place.

4. IN PICTURES: Fleet Air Arm wows visitors at RNAS Yeovilton Air Day

5. Wonder if that was Herons first air display without a fixed wing FAA aircraft ??? PS we are excluding the stringbag , at this years show !!!!!

6. "Handler" you should have come to YL. Several of your old mates were present. As usual the serving and retired Handlers took over the Nuffield Club.
    PS still waiting for the pics you promised.

7. My mukka Andy Vanes has the enviable job of being crew in the Swordfish. Lucky jammy barsteward!!!

NO I'm NOT jealous - much.

8. Vansey at the rear!

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yes Roofrat, as stated I would have loved to have been there, never actually stationed at Yeovilton either. I have visited the museum though. This saturday Lieutenants Fleming and Brannighan will be showing their Lynx's 2012 program at RAF Waddington,for those who didn't know, its the 11th year that the volunteers from 702 squad have been performing, at Yeovilton they look after the Navy's 42 airframes, soon to expect the new variant AW159 Lynx sometime in the autumn.

10. I left the RN and FAA in 1985, my last airday at Yeovilton was 1984.
    In 84 I vowed that I would never ever go to another airday or navyday and have kept the vow.
    It isn't so much that I wouldn't enjoy the day, it's just getting in at the beginning and out at the end, traffic control carried out by modplods leaves too much to be desired