Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RNAS Yeovilton Air Day 2012 - Saturday, 23 June 2012

Handler

War Hero
Like to go there, but will be at Waddington the week after, question of time and to a degree expense. I attend on average about 7/8 airshows per year, so do get to see the RN content quite a bit. The Black Cats will be at Waddington, so will be able to see them, missing out Fairford this year, last year was a disaster, too wet and windy and no shelter on that blasted place.

MoD_RSS

War Hero
IN PICTURES: Fleet Air Arm wows visitors at RNAS Yeovilton Air Day

Ministry of Defence said:
Impressive displays by some of the world's best military and civilian pilots drew thousands of spectators at the weekend to the Royal Naval Air Station (RNAS) Yeovilton International Air Day.

More...

scouse

War Hero
Wonder if that was Herons first air display without a fixed wing FAA aircraft ??? PS we are excluding the stringbag , at this years show !!!!!

RoofRat

War Hero
"Handler" you should have come to YL. Several of your old mates were present. As usual the serving and retired Handlers took over the Nuffield Club.
PS still waiting for the pics you promised.

Waspie

War Hero
My mukka Andy Vanes has the enviable job of being crew in the Swordfish. Lucky jammy barsteward!!!

NO I'm NOT jealous - much.

Waspie

War Hero
Vansey at the rear!

Handler

War Hero
Yes Roofrat, as stated I would have loved to have been there, never actually stationed at Yeovilton either. I have visited the museum though. This saturday Lieutenants Fleming and Brannighan will be showing their Lynx's 2012 program at RAF Waddington,for those who didn't know, its the 11th year that the volunteers from 702 squad have been performing, at Yeovilton they look after the Navy's 42 airframes, soon to expect the new variant AW159 Lynx sometime in the autumn.

slim

War Hero
I left the RN and FAA in 1985, my last airday at Yeovilton was 1984.
In 84 I vowed that I would never ever go to another airday or navyday and have kept the vow.
It isn't so much that I wouldn't enjoy the day, it's just getting in at the beginning and out at the end, traffic control carried out by modplods leaves too much to be desired

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Army Air Corps praise new facilities at RNAS Yeovilton MoD News 0
soleil RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day - Saturday, 26th July 2014 The Fleet Air Arm 34
soleil RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day July 13th 2013 The Fleet Air Arm 22
soleil RNAS Yeovilton International Air Day/Saturday 11th July 2009 The Fleet Air Arm 19
MoD_RSS DIO completes essential improvements at RNAS Yeovilton MoD News 0
soleil FB: HMS President - ‘Dunker’ Training At RNAS Yeovilton Royal Naval Reserve (RNR) 5
soleil FB: SSAFA, The Armed Forces Charity - With Love From RNAS Yeovilton The Fleet Air Arm 1
J POV RNAS Yeovilton Joining the Royal Navy 2
Walter_white RNAS Yeovilton and RNAS culdrose Summer leave Bases / Shore Est 1
MoD_RSS News story: DIO showcases infrastructure progress at RNAS Yeovilton MoD News 0
H RNAS Yeovilton - Draft Bases / Shore Est 9
dustyjack Around 120 RNAS Yeovilton jobs to move Current Affairs 3
F RNAS Yeovilton work experience? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
soleil Somerset County Gazette: "The High Risks Of Low Flying At RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 1
Handler RNAS Yeovilton 2013 The Fleet Air Arm 8
J PO Alwyn Rob Roberts FAA RNAS Yeovilton Nearest & Dearest 11
soleil WM News: "Wren's Tale Of Courage And Devotion To Duty Honoured At RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 5
soleil Western Daily Press: "Veteran Wessex Helicopter Returns Home To RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 33
soleil Western Daily Press: "Insight Into Falklands War Father's World At RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Yeovil Express: "Beards Galore At RNAS Yeovilton...Well Nearly!" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Yeovil Express: "Archbishop Of Canterbury At RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 2
soleil BBC: "RNAS Yeovilton's 'Love' For Outgoing Sea Kings" The Fleet Air Arm 12
soleil BBC Somerset: "RNAS Yeovilton In Somerset Gets New Commanding Officer" The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil Celebrating 70 years of RNAS Yeovilton - 10th July 2010 The Fleet Air Arm 27
soleil 2010 Brings Double Honours For RNAS Yeovilton The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil BBC: RNAS Yeovilton (in "Somerset's Troops in Afghan") The Fleet Air Arm 0
soleil BBC: "Swine Flu at RNAS Yeovilton" The Fleet Air Arm 24
soleil Sweet Treats/RNAS Yeovilton personnel in Afghan The Fleet Air Arm 2
T RNAS Harrier T4 accident (XW268) 27 June 94 @ RNAS Yeovilton The Fleet Air Arm 3
M RNAS Yeovilton Families Quarters The Fleet Air Arm 16
N ASaC flying at RNAS Yeovilton Airday 2007 The Fleet Air Arm 6
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose: Lt Cdr Andrew ‘Tank’ Murray Clocks In Excess Of A Year – A Staggering 8,760 Hours - In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 31
soleil Falmouth Packet: "RNAS Culdrose Make Thousands Of PPE Face Masks For Care Workers" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose: "820 Naval Air Squadron Training In The Mist" The Fleet Air Arm 1
soleil Forces Network: "RNAS Culdrose Leads Royal Navy Drone Research" The Fleet Air Arm 3
soleil FB: RNAS Culdrose "The Game On Every (Naval) Aviator’s Christmas List." The Fleet Air Arm 17
W RNAS Ford in 1957 The Fleet Air Arm 0
M Sea Hawk crash RNAS Ford The Fleet Air Arm 11
F WW1 RNAS/RAF Station History 5
Seaweed HMS Owl / RNAS Fearn History 1
M RNAS Prestwick Gym Bases / Shore Est 13
soleil West Briton: "RNAS Culdrose Sailors Thank Shoppers For RNRMC Donations" The Fleet Air Arm 0
R RNAS FORD (HMS Peregrine) The Quarterdeck 20
soleil RNAS Culdrose Air Day 2013 - Wednesday, 24th July 2013 The Fleet Air Arm 17
soleil "Navy's First Female Senior Observer Reaches Another Milestone At RNAS Culdrose" The Fleet Air Arm 7
MoD_RSS RNAS Culdrose team deploys on counter-piracy operation Current Affairs 2
soleil The One Show, Live From RNAS Culdrose - Friday, May 18th 2012 - 1900-2000 The Fleet Air Arm 29
MoD_RSS RNAS Culdrose to welcome Olympic Flame into UK Current Affairs 0
B RNAS Culdrose SCC and URNU 0
MoD_RSS Junior Ratings move into their new home at RNAS Culdrose Current Affairs 12