RNAS Culdrose Air Day, Wednesday, July 29th 2009

Waspie

War Hero
They have had some classic Air Days in the past.

Someones gran keeled over when a Buccaneer did a low fly by a few feet above the runway. (Heart failure).

A reporter was struck on the head on air by an Army spotter plane, again doing a low fly past.

Hope its a good day for those that attend. Me - I'll be kipping after a night shift in hell town!!!!!

Waspie said:
They have had some classic Air Days in the past.

Someones gran keeled over when a Buccaneer did a low fly by a few feet above the runway. (Heart failure).

A reporter was struck on the head on air by an Army spotter plane, again doing a low fly past.

Hope its a good day for those that attend. Me - I'll be kipping after a night shift in hell town!!!!!

I recall some foreign dude setting off his smokes whilst taxi-ing in about 2001 too, that was good.

trelawney126

War Hero
Sadly weather appears to be clagged in with a cloud base of Two feet.
Newquay airport still operational, can hear the routine flight to London.
No wind currently and raining. What a shame for all the effort which has gone into this. Revised forecast for summer is also pretty dank. Looks like a repeat of the last two years! :cry:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/8173533.stm

trelawney126

War Hero
Hopefully it will be a peaceful time without any of those bush fires we hear about. Can't be nice for those families who get tragically caught up with them.

Rain on Culdrose airday was warmly welcomed when I had to do VCP logger down there. It is the worst day in the world ever working in the tower, I bet they're dancing for joy.

Latest Threads