RNAS Culdrose Air Day, Wednesday, July 29th 2009

They have had some classic Air Days in the past.

Someones gran keeled over when a Buccaneer did a low fly by a few feet above the runway. (Heart failure).

A reporter was struck on the head on air by an Army spotter plane, again doing a low fly past.

Hope its a good day for those that attend. Me - I'll be kipping after a night shift in hell town!!!!!

Waspie said:
They have had some classic Air Days in the past.

Someones gran keeled over when a Buccaneer did a low fly by a few feet above the runway. (Heart failure).

A reporter was struck on the head on air by an Army spotter plane, again doing a low fly past.

Hope its a good day for those that attend. Me - I'll be kipping after a night shift in hell town!!!!!
I recall some foreign dude setting off his smokes whilst taxi-ing in about 2001 too, that was good.

Hopefully it will be a peaceful time without any of those bush fires we hear about. Can't be nice for those families who get tragically caught up with them.

More than likely. When I was working in the Ops room down there, I was lucky enough for the Civi's to do all the work I just chilled and drank coffee lol

EGDR 290850Z 21014G25KT 2500 RA BR FEW002 BKN003 15/14 Q1009 YLO2 TEMPO 0800 RA FG SCT000 OVC002 RED

So it's the usual 25kt clag at 200' for Culdrose, then....

Happy memories of the back bar of the Beehive :D

Jeez.

its 9.30 am now and 82, (28 o C) and i'm packing my bags for this afternoons flight back to Gods County........why o why. I dont have any jumper or coats!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh