RNAS Culdrose Air Day, Wednesday, July 29th 2009

Discussion in 'The Fleet Air Arm' started by soleil, Jul 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. so whats it gonna be a lynx and a merlin flying round n round???
  2. Weather doesn't seem too clever forecast is for Cornish sunshine only :cry:
  3. hope its sunny we fly back for 3 weeks hols this weekend
  4. They have had some classic Air Days in the past.

Someones gran keeled over when a Buccaneer did a low fly by a few feet above the runway. (Heart failure).

A reporter was struck on the head on air by an Army spotter plane, again doing a low fly past.

Hope its a good day for those that attend. Me - I'll be kipping after a night shift in hell town!!!!!
  5. I recall some foreign dude setting off his smokes whilst taxi-ing in about 2001 too, that was good.
  6. Sadly weather appears to be clagged in with a cloud base of Two feet.
    Newquay airport still operational, can hear the routine flight to London.
    No wind currently and raining. What a shame for all the effort which has gone into this. Revised forecast for summer is also pretty dank. Looks like a repeat of the last two years! :cry:
  7. Thats the English weather for you.....must get out of the sun here just a another great day in Australia 8) :D
  8. Hopefully it will be a peaceful time without any of those bush fires we hear about. Can't be nice for those families who get tragically caught up with them.
  9. It's hammering it down here in Sunny Cornwall lol Same old weather for Air Day
  10. Rain on Culdrose airday was warmly welcomed when I had to do VCP logger down there. It is the worst day in the world ever working in the tower, I bet they're dancing for joy.
  11. More than likely. When I was working in the Ops room down there, I was lucky enough for the Civi's to do all the work I just chilled and drank coffee lol
  12. EGDR 290850Z 21014G25KT 2500 RA BR FEW002 BKN003 15/14 Q1009 YLO2 TEMPO 0800 RA FG SCT000 OVC002 RED

So it's the usual 25kt clag at 200' for Culdrose, then....

Happy memories of the back bar of the Beehive :D
  13. Oh yes. :eek:ccasion5:

Best we don't forget the Seven Stars and a noggin of Spingo to start the weekend with a wollop!!! :wink:
  14. Was it the Blue Anchor that served up Spingo too? I think I nearly broke my ankle in that fcuking curb river a few times after coming out of there fcuked.
  15. Yes the blue anchor serve Spingo, it's own brew mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
  17. Jeez.

its 9.30 am now and 82, (28 o C) and i'm packing my bags for this afternoons flight back to Gods County........why o why. I dont have any jumper or coats!!!! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh