RNAC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by 94seldCO, Mar 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I am joining up as a MA and i have passed all my initial recruiting tests but i keep hearing about RNAC...what is it and what does it invlove???

2. It's a Royal Naval Acquaint Course, and while I've not attended one myself, I understand it to involve spending time on a base, observing and taking part in the fabric of daily life. Generally giving you an idea of what it's all about and if it's for you, really.

3. Im gonna try and get myself on one of these when im next in the AFCO for my interview.

4. i see ... thankyou very much at least i know what it is now...
    thanksx
    :)

5. I would recommend going on the RNAC. I went to HMS Caledonia in January and it was a great experience, its the only way you'll get an insight into the RN and is the only way to see what levels of fitness you will need to reach e.t.c. and its a good laugh too!

6. unless you have got a joining date people without one will not get a place on the rnac.

7. Oh ok, thats good to know.

8. i rang my ca up last tuesday and he asked did i want to go on this,but i havent got an entry date

9. not true!!!! was in my afco and was told i can go without a joining date. Think i will put in for it seeing as everyone who has been to one says they are good.

10. I have just come back from the RNAC, it was very informative and eye opening, be prepared to get up early and make your bed and be busy until it's time to pipe down, we did plenty of phys, plenty of lectures and plenty of (trying to :D ) marching around, also went on a ships visit (well 2 actually) on to HMS Blythe and spawnily got on to HMS Ocean which is just huge, a day out over to Faslane which was a hoot in its self. If you get invited onto one of these courses go on it, it really is good fun, and the scran isn't as bad as they all say. Just be punctual and shut up when you're told to, otherwise it's press ups for everyone!!!!! :lol:

11. not true it is i asked me CA about it the other day he said cant go on it till i have got a joining date< ninja or sm will confirm this trust me

12. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

At risk of contradicting anybody & shooting them down in "firey pooh", until very recently, due to financial constraints it was indeed the case that Ratings Preparation Courses (RPC) at the Royal Navy Acquaint Centres (RNAC) were only being allocated to those with provisional entry dates...However (there's always a however) this is no longer the case.

Those wishing to attend an RPC should contact their Careers Advisers as they are now open to all applicants, whether they have an entry date or not.

Courses are available from April onwards.

13. Very true Ninja!!!!!

14. Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet, Ninja you've made me a very happy boy just now :D

15. Me too. :D :D

16. Can I have one, not too interested how the Navy works. But will stay in the mess ditting and drinking myself into a coma!

17. No beer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do you still want to go???

:lol:

18. Got my letter this morning with my tickets and kit list etc.going to caldonia on the 3rd may cant wait,anyone else?

19. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

For those that haven't contacted their Careers Adviser regarding the RPC within the last week or so, this week's as good a time as any as there are still places on this course, and several others, so far as I'm aware.