RNAC

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by scottie, Feb 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know its a shirt and tie when attending Raleigh but nothing has been mentioned about RNAC.

Those who have been, what did you and other attendees wear?

Or those involved in the Training etc could you offer advice please?

2. When you turn up to the RNAC it's exactly like when you go to Raleigh, shirt tie trowsers and black shoes.

3. Thanks

4. we i went to the RNAC in scotland last july! everyone wore just jeans a t-shirt

5. In that case, anyone else been to HMS Collingwood recently?

6. I might be wrong then, I was told by AFCO and on the RNAC letter to go in shirt and tie.
    Could it be base specific? Im going to collingwood

What you going to your RNAC?

7. Going tomorrow!!

8. What harm can it do if you turn up in a suit? It will look good to the instructors and it may get passed back to the AFCO. If you turn up in jeans and everyone else is in a suit, you will look a right tool!

9. yes you're absolutely right

10. good point i was at HMS CALEDONIA

11. hiya, well i went on my RNAC to HMS Caledonia near edinburgh a couple of weeks ago. i just wore casual clothing but when i got there some other lads were wearing suits. i was told to wear casual clothing by my AFCO and the other lads got told to arrive in suits. the RNAC staff weren't bothered either way it didnt matter.

you will enjoy the course though its a really good insight into navy life.

12. Let us know how you got on.

13. The other point to think about is the travelling time. If you're taking a train for three hours, could you cope in a suit, without your mum at the other end to re-tie your tie!

14. How about a Denim safari suit with one of those T-shirts with a collar and tie printed on? Then if everyone else is wearing jeans and T-shirts just ditch the jacket.
    Man at C&A or your local Oxfam are your friends methinks.