RNAC tomorrow! HELP!

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by maluaM, Mar 22, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm going to RNAC tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it all. However, i'm just getting over cold virus and energy levels have been low for a week now! Ive been doing sit ups, push ups etc today and im just not cutting it like i was a week ago! I'm really worried that I'm not going to recover in time for the tests and everyone else will be miles ahead! should I tell the guys in charge my situation?

Apart from get some rest...Does anyone have any advice on what I should do to? as I imagine being shouted at and sent away for my lack of fitness :( :( :(

P.S what is this faslane ive been hearing everyone mention... this was not in my itinerary?????
  2. It's not a pass/fail thing. Just do your best.

Faslane is a naval base.
  3. Very descriptive, like saying a Merlin is a helicopter.

Faslane is where the UK's Sub fleet is based in Scotland. Provides shoreside support to the under sea fleet. Which is the only one worth spending dosh on right now.
  4. What about Portsmouth? Aren't there subs there as well? ;)
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

If you live in Hampshire it's unlikely you will be sent to the RN Acquaint Course North (RNAC) in Scotland - which is where HM Naval base Faslane is visited beneath the rain-clouds amidst the beautiful scenery, interspersed with Inter Continental Ballistic Missile - carrying nuclear powered submarines (And the odd mine-hunter thingy). HM Naval Base Portsmouth is more likely, amidst the 'doggy-doo-doo thingies'.

Fitness-wise the RNAC or Ratings Preparation Course (RPC) is not usually designated a pass/fail course unless you have not yet passed your Pre Joining Fitness Test (PJFT) or have been told you must pass the run or the swim test by your AFCO.

As long as you are not contagious it's worth going, however if you still have the 'Lurgy' ring your AFCO first thing tomorrow (link below), & ask if you may be re-allocated a later one.

Yep, but they're usually in the museum in Gosport & they're called 'boats' rather than 'subs' for some obscure reason. (Something to do with bread rolls apparently)
  6. Boats (Subs) in Plymouth, too (for the time being)
  7. Ninja_Stoker

And pasties, don't forget the pasties. :lol:

Ivor & Ron (Dewney) will doubtless appreciate the mention.
  8. Hi sorry for hijacking but ive got a similar problem been hospital today doctor said I got pharyngitis supposed to be going RNAC 2moro but not sure what to do cause its affected my eating and drinking and doctor said I should only drink warm drinks :s anyone got any advice for me?

9. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

No submarines in Portsmouth apart from the afore mentioned museum.
  10. Ninja_Stoker

Yep, don't have cold drinks.

Also, if you have something contagious or are feeling under the weather simply ring your AFCO first thing (09:00am) & ask their advice iof you're not sure.

There's no point going if you feel like pooh.
  11. Thanks for the reply well I got antibiotics today and on max ibuprofen and paracetamol not aint done much good yet unfortunately.

Guess just have to ring AFCO tomorrow then pretty gutted :(