RNAC 30th June

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ndtucker, Apr 11, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good

2. Bad

0 vote(s)
  1. Hello,
    Is any one going on the RNAC on the 30th June? And has anyone got anythings to say about RNAC like is it good or crap?

Cheers :thumright:
  2. hi, RNAC is a good way to prepare you for raleigh, i dont know if its still in hms caledonia or not , its good fun and very informative i felt a lot more clued up about raleigh after i attended the RNAC, the people i met where all starting raleigh the same(ish) time as me aswell.
    all in all i thought it was good fun and a great help.
    although bit of a pain travelling from guzz to scotland but never mind was worth it :whew:
  3. Yes, its an excellent way to prapare you for the delights of the newly lengthened phase 1 training at HMS Raleigh! you will either love it or hate it though as a warning
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

A balanced view?

RNAC is a good way of "testing the water" before you join, especially if you have reservations. It identifies any areas which you need to address (fitness, personal admin skills, etc) before you join. It's also a good way of meeting a bunch of like-minded individuals. It is not compulsory, it's not (currently) part of the selection process & it doesn't affect your application if you don't go unless your AFCO have made it a pre-condition of you joining for a specific reason. It's of more benefit to those joining than it is to anyone else and the vast majority come away greatly enthused & wanting to join all the more because they are much better informed & more at ease.

From a recruiting perspective it's often been remarked that it's a cheap way of conducting what used to be called "New Entry" week in phase one training (because the trainee doesn't get paid). Those attending RNAC have already pretty much passed selection, are keen to join & the vast majority will join regardless. Some admittedly change their mind, but not many in the grand scheme. It increases the administration burden of recruiting & some candidates (wrongly) see it as another "hoop through which they must jump" in order to pass selection.

The RNAC centres are also starting to conduct "Look at Life" courses for those who may or may not wish to join. From a recruiting perspective, IMHO, that is the area in which the RNAC courses are of huge benefit as it interests those who may not have otherwise considered joining.
  5. that what i ment :dwarf: :)
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

I know!

just thought I'd help express it for you....
  7. hey ninja just a quick one reguarding RNAC.

hopfully going on my RNAC 7th july, pending my medical & PJFT.
    am i going to be the grandad at 29? as my AFCO adviser said there more geared up for younger recruits. not that it matter coz i wanna do it for myself anyway but was just wondering .

8. It's good, it's the best bits of Raleigh without the gash bits. Enjoy it!
  9. I went on mine a couple of weeks ago it was great. Food was really nice and the staff really friendly. There is a lot of infomation given to you about Pay, Training, Life in the royal and general stuff. I found this very useful even though keeping my eyes open was hard in class. Not just me. I was not used getting up really early ie. 5.30 and going to bed at 23.00 but i did start to get used to it. Try and grab a shower early as there are only four showers for the lads and there was about 26 of us. Call of hands was at 6.30 so i got up an hour earlier as to get in showers without having to wait and get my stuff ie. bed straight. Another thing when you go to Faslane and you do Circuit Training you are told not to walk in the gym and around diffrent sections of the circuit. People were doing this and we had to do the circuits for about 2 hours because people were walking. Our punishment was not being able to visit the NAAFI.

All i can say is enjoy its freeeeeeee

Any questions feel free to ask.