RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - London

Discussion in 'Submariners' started by soleil, Oct 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Will I get a duty trip out of this, like there was for the Gay Pride non-political march?

2. I've asked - the powers that be don't seem in the least interested.

3. If you remember Polto old bean, the last one you and I attended the Cox'n had to blag funds from everywhere for the transport and accom (and I left my credit card in the UJC after getting bladdered :oops: )

4. This is true of course...and I've just noticed the bit in white in Joe's post. I'm going to ask/beg again tommorow...accom already booked, train ticket bought, would be nice to get something toward daily vittles etc...

5. Re: RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - Lo

What with the annual reunion being split from 2011 the 'embankment' parade is creating more and more interest , growing in numbers annually and is taking on the persona of a mini reunion of sorts. Brilliant.

6. Re: RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - Lo

To all those of you who will be attending the London Submarine Memorial Service on the 7th, would you please pass on compliments and best wishes from those of us who will be attending the Service in Blyth, Northumberland at the same time.

Our thoughts will be with you, as I am sure that yours will be with us.

OSD

7. Re: RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - Lo

Quick bump.

Any Rum Rationers going to be in attendance?

8. Re: RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - Lo

MRU - the OH & a good friend have a long planned joint birthday celebration that day.

An interesting aside is that Frederick Brook, the S/M Memorial sculptor, is the same fellow who crafted the Lord Nelson Memorial statue; recently moved from Pembroke Gardens to Grand Parade, Old Portsmouth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. Re: RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - Lo

bump

10. Re: RN Website: Submarine Memorial Service 7th November - Lo

Did anyone go along?

:)