RN Training Team in Iraq - end of an era?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by Purple_twiglet, Nov 11, 2010.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

2. Three paragraphs about herself. BBC nuff said :p

3. BFBS actually but I agree with your sentiment. Hardly any mention of the RN and RM personnel in the Training Team or the work they have performed.

4. "HMS Cardigan Bay"???

She could have done her research as well

5. Sorry NG it was early in morning and didn't have my reading head on :?

6. Very soon, a point will come when the Andrew will have insufficient mass to carry out these basic hearts and minds tasks. We will implode. The CVs are well and good for covering our offensive National interests but will do bugger all for the bread and butter elements of Naval warfare.

When we demonstrate and teach, we make a long term difference. When we just demonstrate with nobody with the kit to teach, we are half way to being buggered: but, hey, what the hell do I know.

7. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Quiet POL - we all know the carriers are the 'bright future' that represent the promised land. How dare you suggest that our acquisition of a floating bath toy carrying a mighty 12 jets threatens the wider UK interests. That is heresey and the Daily Mail won't stand for it :)

8. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I'd not even be so certain we'll even float the bath toys anywhere other than Pompey or Rosyth. To be used they have to be manned....I suspect with the current downturn of the FAA, the next few years will see prospective recruits look to other careers and the corporate memory of Naval Aviation in every area, not just actually flying, will dwindle to such an extent that ensuring we can man and safely operate fixed wing or rotary operations will be an utter pipe dream.

The more I think about whats happened the more I sense that we have been utterly let down by the Naval Staff.