RN Totally Weak says Paulis from ARRSE

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by trelawney126, Apr 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Today, 12:44 #1
    Von_Paulus

RN Totally Weak

» Join ARRSE (free) to remove advert
    Just got back off Joint Warrior and have noticed a massive difference between RN and other nations navies. I require picking up by ships and that is normally done by seaboat from halfway down a sea loch in scotland. Every other nation taking part came all way down loch to shorten seaboat transfer ALL THREE RN SHIPS REFUSED.
    Size/tonnage/draught of all ships roughly similar. Sea state / wind bad on all occasions. Oh & HMS HOOD got in and out ok a few years back. I am noticing a massive increase in lack of martial spirit in our "senior service" (lack of capitals intended)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
    replies on a stamp please

2. tiddlyoggy

tiddlyoggy War Hero Book Reviewer

Ask the paras who wondered into the Devonport Field Gun bar uninvited if the RN is weak.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Seaweed

Seaweed War Hero Book Reviewer

From which I infer that Pusser put him in a RIB and he lost his favourite cuddly toy over the side because the sea was bouncing up and down too much. And I HOPE his last meal or three.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Crying because he had to spend too much time in a RIB? Hom.

5. Why would you move a whole ship and 200 people up/down the Loch when you can send a seaboat with 2? I think this shows that, based on better training and operational necessity, we are willing to send our boats further than the others. I know whose nation's boats and cox'ns I'd rather go boarding in.

6. To be fair to Arrse, they have soundly rounded on him for being a throbber.

• Like Like x 1
  7. tiddlyoggy

No pun intended, but I can't do Arrse. Some great contributors on there, but a lot of choppers too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's certainly not what it was. It used to be ace but now it's infested with absolute fuckwits who haven't even walked past a careers office let alone served.

9. Von Paulus. Wasnt he the bloke threw the towel in at Stalangrad, then became a poster boy for the soviets?

10. He was but was never a Nazi, he was in the Heer all along. The Heer was the German Army, the Wehrmacht was the Armed Forces (Heer, Kriegsmarine and Luftwaffe).

History lesson over :grin:

edited because I can't spell Wehrmacht

Last edited: Apr 21, 2013
  11. tiddlyoggy

I used to love getting the RIC onboard Clyde when I was there. Gobby as **** when they embarked, then went quiet as church mice when we got out of Mare Harbour, then commenced vomming about 30 seconds after that.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Every days a school day,:grin:

13. The good old 'mal de mer'. They used to say, you think you'r dieing for the first three hours,and wish you had died for the next three hours. I had it constant for about my first week and a half at sea,then woke up one morning feeling strange, in that I wasn't feeling sick.And to this day no matter how rough it is, or how long since I'v been at sea, I dont feel sick.Think a lot of it's in the mind.:pukel:

14. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

To be honest, we don't all think like that. I like you lot. The Navy were a ******* good bunch when i were down the Falklands in late '91 when HMS Ambuscade was there. The boys on the receiver/transmitting stations were a good laugh too. The only thing that spoiled it was the RAF being there.

I still think you're all gayers though :grin:

15. tiddlyoggy

Pongo twats vomming in the main drag all over my cabin curtain wasn't in my mind!!!!

16. Bit like this is sometimes?

2BM

17. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Believe me mate, this place does not compare to ARRSE. There's more served here than on there.

18. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I'll mark your history Wrecker. 75%. The Wehrmacht included the Waffen SS. Most comentators seem to think that the Wehrmacht was the Army, I seldom see the Army being (correctly) referred to as the Heer.

Field Marshal Paulus wasn't an aristocrat so there was no 'von' in there whatever the ARRSEr thinks.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Your not quite right there Seadog, the Waffen SS was never formally part of the Wehrmacht although operationally it came under the control of the OKW and OKH (Oberkommando Wehrmacht and Oberkommando Heer). It was better armed and equipped than the Heer but was always a parallel fighting unit under Himmler...Waffen-SS

• Like Like x 1
  20. Indeed, it's a hugely-complicated structure. Administratively, the Waffen SS comes under the Allgemeine SS, but operationally under the military: OKH (Heer) for the Eastern Front, OKW for all other theatres. Things become even more complicated after July 20 when Himmler takes over the Replacement Army in place of Fritz Fromm.

I know how to party :-D