RN to RM

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by ETME2012, May 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

Just wondering how easy it would be in my position to change my application from Royal Navy to Royal Marines.

I have completed everything up to interview stage for my ETME application so if I were to contact my AFCO in regards to applying for the RM, would I have to start a fresh from RT again?

Cheers,
    Chris

2. Your PJFT would certainly need to be redone, as the RM PJFT is different.

What prompted this change of mind?

3. Yeah I was thinking that, but things like the RT and Medical would be subject to passing rates I am guessing?

I know this probably sounds small minded but I watched a couple of documentaries and seeing how much respect that people have for the Marines. It seems a lot more physically demanding too which I LOVE!

4. If you have passed the RT for ET(ME), that should cover you for RM as well.

5. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

You just want to wear womens clothing dont you?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, no problem prior to joining.

Contact AFCO, re-take PJFT prior to interview, then PRMC. Guidance here: RM Bite Size - How to join - PRMC - Potential Royal Marines Course forum

7. Cheers Ninja,

Had a good look through those guides and there is so much useful information so thanks for that!

8. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Oh it is. Quite a bit more. And some. When you reach uber fitness, get fitter.

• Like Like x 1