RN Still short of Engineers? Ahem!

A

Art the Fart

Ah yes, the: "Only the true messiah would deny he is the messiah paradox" :)

With apologies to "The Life of Brian"

MLP I'm not the Messiah! Will you please listen?...I am not the Messiah do you understand? Honestly!
PT . Only the true Messiah denies his divinity
MLP What? Well, what sort of chance does that give me?
All right I am the Messiah!!

All of us....He is the Messiah!!

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Avec vous un cuppa? Je suis en rock star!

Or for those working with french engineers onboard "passez vous un big shifter, s'il vous plait mon oppo."

bon mot

Midshipman
'Flash' is stereotypical of the Officer corp. To be fair most groups are. They become narrow and aggressive when criticized or poked fun at what they perceive their lessers.
Always easier when the 'lessers' readily identify themselves though. Thanks old bean and do stay away from the wardroom. There's a good chap.

sootblower

Lantern Swinger
And the story continues.
Any takers? Give up your pension, hand back your lump sum, lower you salary and go away from home. On the plus side you get to wear the new uniform

VACANCIES FOR FULL TIME RESERVE SERVICE POSITIONS - UPDATED 30 MARCH 2015

VACANCIES FOR ENGINEERS SERVING ON FULL TIME RESERVES SERVICE

Vacancies have arisen for ex-serving Marine and Weapons Engineers of all ranks and rates serving at sea and in RN geographic areas including Base Port Areas, Abbeywood, Corsham and the rest of the engineering footprint ashore on all levels of FTRS Terms and Conditions of Service (TCOS).

The appointments will range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 4 years. Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RN Medical. Personnel, who do not meet the eligibility criteria (age/Joint Medical Employment Standard (JMES) may apply; this includes ex-regular Marine and Weapons Engineers up to and including the age of 60.

Interested personnel should complete the online preference form and simply email it to [email protected]. They should ensure they carefully read the FTRS Terms and Conditions of Service before applying. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should also take financial advice from SPVA Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension.

Sumo

War Hero
And the story continues.
Any takers? Give up your pension, hand back your lump sum, lower you salary and go away from home. On the plus side you get to wear the new uniform

VACANCIES FOR FULL TIME RESERVE SERVICE POSITIONS - UPDATED 30 MARCH 2015

VACANCIES FOR ENGINEERS SERVING ON FULL TIME RESERVES SERVICE

The appointments will range from a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 4 years. Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RN Medical. Personnel, who do not meet the eligibility criteria (age/Joint Medical Employment Standard (JMES) may apply; this includes ex-regular Marine and Weapons Engineers up to and including the age of 60.

Age OK but passing a medical was an issue when I was in service, never mind now?

bollotom

War Hero
That old Phrase, "An engineer is someone who can make for half a crown, what any fool can make for a fiver." In my mind is lots of Commanders (E) and Fred Dibnah, :cool:

Sumo

War Hero
That old Phrase, "An engineer is someone who can make for a Tenner, what any fool can make for a fiver." In my mind is lots of Commanders (E) and Fred Dibnah, :cool:

Fixed that for you, bad engineer, there is no charge?
We are talking MOD (RN) engineers, we do elaborate as normal practice, know DIY work from us, all black masking take are prototype fixes.
?