RN Standards

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
I left in 94 - just about to retire at 65 after 25 years in the mob, followed by 25 years in the NHS.......................I am knackered !!!

Winny

Badgeman
Joined in 1960 left 1970 still skin.
I think the 1950s to 1970s we had a world class navy. .. looking back on some of the video footage of the RN in Hong Kong Gibraltar and Singers we still looked like an empire. ... When I went to Hong Kong in 2000 we were tied up alongside in kowloon and I remember my Pal pointing out our old decommissioned naval base on the opposite side of the bay HMS TAMAR that made me realise that I'd joined the navy in the wrong decade.

Winny

Badgeman
I think the 1950s to 1970s we had a world class navy. .. looking back on some of the video footage of the RN in Hong Kong Gibraltar and Singers we still looked like an empire. ... When I went to Hong Kong in 2000 we were tied up alongside in kowloon and I remember my Pal pointing out our old decommissioned naval base on the opposite side of the bay HMS TAMAR that made me realise that I'd joined the navy in the wrong decade.
I was lucky enough to be on an old school ship with 3 stripe AB RPs and 80 % of the ships company Source branch. The 22s were mostly like that in 99 to 2003ish

Taztiff

War Hero
was a young un
;) time stand still for no man
I did mean compared to you old buggers.
Mind you, my mate who is 10 months older has just got his scottish bus pass where as we have to wait another 5 years!! Makes me feel right skin!

huwshpis

War Hero
I rarely work a whole weekend, but the demands of my practice often require me to spend one day of the weekend working or travelling. I also have to wet my own tea at the moment (Mrs H recovering from surgery) and make my own coffee (which I do anyway). Nothing to write home about after 20 years in the Andrew, even as a part-timer!

Dusty70

Lantern Swinger
weird isn't it but that is one of the things I am most looking forward to - going for a pint on a school day lunchtime/evening and not thinking 'I only better have one cos tomorrow..........'

Stirlin

War Hero
weird isn't it but that is one of the things I am most looking forward to - going for a pint on a school day lunchtime/evening and not thinking 'I only better have one cos tomorrow..........'
I love it , been at it 7 yrs now , retired at 60 , just about to shit shave shower for todays pub trip.

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
Dusky Jaguar time Stirl - I wrapped my tits in at just after 50 - what a blast! Came out after 22, did Vosper's, Yarrows, GEC Marconi and Big And Expensive - the last 3 companies were all the same job!

Latest Threads