RN Standards

huwshpis

War Hero
My coffee is better than most, 37 years of experience. The only problem is keeping the sleeves of my gown out of the brew.

Steam? Nowadays only associated with nuclear reactors and sleek black messengers of death not normally observed above sea level. The rest of the Andrew relies on diesel, gas turbines (aka navalised jet engines) or electricity to get about. I dare say, if the Greens had their way, we'd be back to using sails, but I can't see the Treasury wanting to pay for all the additional hands.
aha!!! Stokers are closet woos :)

huwshpis

War Hero
You won’t find me in a Starbucks, Costa or Caffe Nero, that’s certain. My coffee is reserved to family, friends and matelots, serving or retired. I’m even generous enough to include WAFUs, provided they can park their airframes outside my place.

Winny

Badgeman
What has happened the the Royal Navy these days? Last week I was walking through Fareham shopping centre and, according to her arm badges, a PO Wren walked past in a pair of overaulls and without a cap in sight.
Today I drove out of Gosport and lo and behold, I spy another sloppy sod in overaulls and without cap, walking across a zebra crossing.
I hate to say it, but when I was in the mob, no one was allowed to go ashore in eight's, let alone overhauls, BUT to go ashore without head gear, well, that was a criminal offence.
Have RN standards really dropped so low, or are there too many civvies on main gates these days?
Crazy !!! I have never heard of matelots going ashore in 8s it's work wear for starters . And we all know that headwear must be worn at all time's outside .hmm ? Didn't security go up post 9/11 as well ? Or maybe the QM on the main gate didn't give two .... that's asuming we still have Quartermasters and Bosuns mate's on main gate duty ????
Nowt surprise's me with today's Navy!

WreckerL

War Hero
Crazy !!! I have never heard of matelots going ashore in 8s it's work wear for starters . And we all know that headwear must be worn at all time's outside .hmm ? Didn't security go up post 9/11 as well ? Or maybe the QM on the main gate didn't give two .... that's asuming we still have Quartermasters and Bosuns mate's on main gate duty ????
Nowt surprise's me with today's Navy!
Looking at your avatar, if that was your branch badge you haven't been out that long so "today's Navy" ?

Winny

Badgeman
Looking at your avatar, if that was your branch badge you haven't been out that long so "today's Navy" ?
16 years ago . Since then I've been back to college , got married and had 2 kids , and I definitely think ' today's navy' is a very different one that I joined in 1998.

Winny

Badgeman
There's always going to be someone more salty ..... it's like that now it was like it when I was getting the brew in on my first sea draft.

Winny

Badgeman
You've come to the right site for that!!
Left in 2000 - and I'm a young 'un! :D
Habits die hard I see .... I suppose it's a good thing being proud of your service number . Especially when there are sprogs like me around to make the tea!!

Sumo

War Hero
Anyway happy Friday it's civvy street and I don't need to keep any duties over the weekend +
Tea wetting practice make perfck.
yep Friday M&M , not done a weekend since 98, travelled on 1 Sunday & a business flight to Canada on a BH Monday is my lot.

Latest Threads