Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

RN Stable Belt

alfred_the_great said:
It's a piece of standard dress (although not issued so much any more), and is rumoured to be making a come-back with the introduction "Maritime CS95".

Whats this?? Any news on this sounds alarming?

WhizzbangDai said:
alfred_the_great said:
It's a piece of standard dress (although not issued so much any more), and is rumoured to be making a come-back with the introduction "Maritime CS95".

Calm down you tit. You'll notice this was posted in 2006, about the same time that an elite few were issued navy blue CS95s with a gopping purple stable belt to trial.

The kit was abandoned after a few months because an admiral said we looked like a cross between police dog handlers and nazi submariners. He was right, we did, but most of us thought that was cool.

Ah good good. I need to engage brain before fingers sometimes.

Anyway, I think i'd quite like an RN stable belt but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth, any ideas?

WhizzbangDai said:

Anyway, I think i'd quite like an RN stable belt but they seem to be as rare as hens teeth, any ideas?

I've got one in the basement left over from the trials, if you make a nice donation to Hols4Heroes I'll send it to you, It's for a 34'' waist.

WhizzbangDai said:
Naval_Gazer said:
WhizzbangDai said:

If you must: Cadet Direct: Royal Navy Stable Belt

Tried that, they don't have my size :oops: (M)

I shall continue to search, and 2DD danke but I don't think that stable belt is the one that goes with the CS95 is it?

Yes it is, there is only one RN stable belt.

It's identical to the one on the cadets direct website. I think I only wore it twice and realised that it was such a pain in the arse when you needed the bog that it was confined to the boot locker for the rest of the trial.

Passed-over_Loggie said:
Joe_Crow. You're a 3 numeric group short in the NIIN.

Anyway, why would anyone want a fashion statement from the 2 junior services? You'll be wanting tac flashes next!

Really?

BR320(d) shows DMC as CE, NSC as 8440, NCB as 99, and IIN as 1323966, 1323967, and 1329968. Item has a DRC of B.

JSP768 S2 gives the same information.

I can't see where it is short of three digits.

Joe_Crow said:
Passed-over_Loggie said:
Joe_Crow. You're a 3 numeric group short in the NIIN.

Anyway, why would anyone want a fashion statement from the 2 junior services? You'll be wanting tac flashes next!

Really?

BR320(d) shows DMC as CE, NSC as 8440, NCB as 99, and IIN as 1323966, 1323967, and 1329968. Item has a DRC of B.

JSP768 S2 gives the same information.

I can't see where it is short of three digits.

You omitted the figures '132' in your previous post.

2_deck_dash said:
WhizzbangDai said:
alfred_the_great said:

Calm down you tit. You'll notice this was posted in 2006, about the same time that an elite few were issued navy blue CS95s with a gopping purple stable belt to trial.

The kit was abandoned after a few months because an admiral said we looked like a cross between police dog handlers and nazi submariners. He was right, we did, but most of us thought that was cool.

What an absolutely cocking idea! Was it in camo too? It's not like that bloody great ship gives away your position or anything. Unless you want to conceal yourself while splishing around in the oggin. :roll:

am i really missing the point of this thread??

sure the idea of wearing the pongos comfy fighting pyjamas is that you cant be seen so a big blue belt aint the best idea. currently working with the RAF in the green gear and got told i had to sew on the tactical recognition flash so i have a white ensign on my arm and i can maintain pride in my service by reminding the junior services most days that were the senior service the RAF are just civvies in uniform and pongos, need i say anything more.

barnezy349 said:
chieftiff said:
as in the RAF stable belt which all RAF shiny arses wear!!

I wear an RAF stable belt with my uniform all the time. I don't believe my arse is shiny, i think i would have noticed that.

TheCommunicator said:
I've been led to believe that those members of the RAF who wear the stable belt are incorrectly dressed as it's only the RAF Regiment who are allowed to wear it. Don't know how true that is but it was a Rock that told me!

The rock apes have their own stable belt- well i say their own, but i really mean an RAF stale belt on with a shiny buckle that says RAF Regt on it, the RAFP have one too.

And i thought that stable belts were regulation-less??

alfred_the_great said:
I wear a RN stable belt when required because a)it looks smart and b) I have pride my Service.

Exactly the reason i wear my RAF one, they look very smart, in my opinion, and it shows the service i have the pride in representing

Having spent a long time working with you sideways walking civvies in rig, I can tell you even your own kind think the ones who wear stable belts are cnuts!! :D

Latest Threads