RN Stable Belt

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by barnezy349, Apr 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm looking for an RN Stable Belt, if they exist, for a mate of mine in the CCF-RN. I have been told they exist so I at least have some chance of finding one. As the general QM at the CCF unit, i've scoured the stores request forms from HMS Eaglet, hoping it might be listed on there to no avail. Obviously, stable belts are not issue kit but I thought the RN might have been different.

Can anyone tell me where to get one or if anyone has one to sell to me, i'm sure my mate would be more than happy?

2. They do exist, I have one, which I am keeping.

I would recommend phoning the stores at either Nelson or PJHQ.

Sorry I can't be more help.

FH

3. Yep, PJHQ Stores have them, I've seen a few oppos wearing them here

4. Wats PJHQ? Im a RAF lad and i no next to nothing bout the RN

5. Why doesnt he just wear the standard CCF one (incorporates RN, Army and RAF)

Other than that, I've had a look round a few websites but so far no joy I'm afraid

6. janner

janner War Hero Book Reviewer

Whats a stable belt? Something to do with Horses?

7. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

You obviously have no idea about how the military go about their operations then...... PJHQ is tri-service. It annoys me how people can be so ignorant about the bigger picture especially when it's PJHQ who play a major part in operations.

I suppose you've never heard of strike command either? :roll:

8. and there was me thinking PJHQ might mean the "HQ of the PJs"

9. Is the stable belt worn at PJHQ not the Tri-Service one with dark blue/red/light blue stripes???

I've not come across a specific RN stable belt unless you're talking about the blue one with the 2 brown leather fastening straps which is given out when on Command Course at Collingwood - If that's the one the OP is after then I suggest he contacts the Exped Store at Collingwood who would be able to give the NSN

10. They do have a tri-service PJHQ one, but it's pants.

That's the bugger!!

11. Never heard of STC? You mean the STC whose HQ is based at RAF High Wycombe? Of course i've heard of it, hell, i've stayed on the base :p

12. Why would you want one? It's not issue kit, and only worn by weird MCD/CS95 wearing types...

13. Why the hell should a lowly ranker give a toss about the top brass or what their acronyms mean? All you need to know is that most of their decisions are w*nk and based on outdated ideas and the last war that the UK participated in. Not everyone is ignorant, some pople don't need to know or care.

14. Why the hell do you want an RN stable belt ? Seems waltism in the extreme . I think if you turned up on a ''pussers'' war canoe wearing one
    you would get the sh!t ripped out of you .

15. I'm guessing it's just because many CCF RN officers end up spending a good bit of time in 95s and to wear them properly means you need a belt of some kind (stable or working). Going with the CCF one seems the easiest option though!

16. And the same would probably apply if you turned up to an army base in No. 4s, multifab suit and steaming bats. Your point is?

17. Wooh!, somebody's obviously got their own stable belt.

I tend to concur with Deeps. The sole purpose of a belt should be to keep your trollies over your beer belly!

18. Surely the whole point of a Royal Navy stable belt is that its a stable belt
    for the Royal Navy .Not for a bunch of Cadets . Also they look gay !!

19. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

Got to agree on th belt, just get your trollies changed for some that fit!

Oh and that "joint service" stable belt in dark blue, "red" and light blue.....is that red more of a burgundy? as in the RAF stable belt which all RAF shiny arses wear!!

20. I've been led to believe that those members of the RAF who wear the stable belt are incorrectly dressed as it's only the RAF Regiment who are allowed to wear it. Don't know how true that is but it was a Rock that told me!