RN Ski & Snowboard Championships

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by Dangermouse, Jan 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know what the 'theme' is for the fancy dress comp in week 2 (20-27 Jan) this year?

2. All I can say is, if you're in a position to be asking that question, your a git! :roll:

3. Hmm! Sore point. I would be careful where you are going with that one.
    Admittedly I'm sure I will be having a good time (if there is enough snow left when we get there).
    But I'm paying for it, giving up a week of leave from my day job, and if I'm really lucky the RNR might just deign to give me 2 days pay.
    Were I still in the RN, I would probably have gone for 2 weeks, it wouldn't have affected either my leave or pay and I would have got CILOR, travelling expenses and possibly other allowances that the RNR's budget is too broke to afford.
    Now tell me its all one Royal Navy!

4. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

No mate, like it or not you're a git, accept it. I haven't managed to get the time off in 3 years!

5. You'll have to serve a bit longer than three years to be able to call anyone a git sonny jim. And no way you are a cheiftiff in that time! delusions of grandeur or what.

6. Of course, it could have just been 3 years since the last time the Chief went to the ski championships???

7. If Chieftiff had delusions of grandeur he would have called himself Chiefmech!

8. chieftiff

chieftiff War Hero Moderator

wonderful and unique you are!!!!

Communicator you're bang on and it's been over 20 years since I went to my first! Slim you are also correct Chief Mech it is, but I have no delusions (and I don't think many people even know what a Chief Mech is nowadays!!)

9. The chief tiff is the guy who can calculate the cubic capacity of a tin of beans but is unable to open the can
    The chief mech can do all the chief tiff can but also is able to open the cam.

The CREL(A) doesn't give two f*cks about the capacity, but he knows where the can opener is.

The REM(A) is the real king though, cos he knows the way to the NAAFI, without him there are no beans.

10. Did anyone get anything for the RN Ski champs? Above two days pay and £50 from RN sports lottery, providing you actually bought some tickets. No CILOR either, so MR happy to pay 2 days for competing and representing unit, but won't feed competitiors (about £7-62 per day), something about no money. Perhaps the answer is to move the championships to June when there is still funds available.

11. Hi all, how do i go about gettin a place on the snowboard team?
    is it open to all ranks?

12. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

All ranks and more info here.

http://www.rnwsa.com

13. cheers the_matlot, il give them a call
    someones got to get on it ahy

14. Keep on trying Chieftiff, the Champs can seem a bit top heavy with wafu officers and could do with a bit of rebalancing, so get your request in - if you don't ask, you won't get...

15. Boo Hoo, this will be my 3rd failed attempt at getting to the ski champs! Damn fixed date courses. Have to make do with 2 weeks sailing in the caribbean in April instead!
    Woo HOO!

16. Anyone know the theme for 2008?

17. The Red Book (2008) says:

Fancy Dress Week 2 - Kids TV or Elvis to commemorate his death 30 years ago