RN question regarding piercing.

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by RhysHar, Aug 9, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys.

I have my left ear pierced twice, both piercings on the lobe (judge me, idgaf)

Will I have to remove these? Not an issue if I do, I'd just rather know so I can stop now and prevent any possible issues that could arise from this at a later date. My AFCO made the tattoo policy clear but piercings didn't really get a mention.

2. In uniform you have to remove them, when in civilian clothing you can wear them

Posted from the Navy Net mobile app (Android / iOS)

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

• Like Like x 3
  4. Thanks for that helpful link Ninja.

I have inferred from that, my piercings aren't offensive and certainly aren't flesh tunnels, so...

I would have to remove them during training/physical activity
    I would have to remove them when on duty

5. You'll have to remove them all the time you are onboard (ship or establishment) and put them in when you go ashore.

Failing that that bin them altogether.

6. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

7. Got my ear pierced in the 60's on Delight in Malta, the norm then was one sleeper but I got such a hard time and piss taking from the SR's I took it out.

8. Why is this in health and fitness? It is absolutely nothing to do with either. Unless you class male body piercing as some sort of needy / conformist fetish I suppose.

Not formal advice, but I say remove it/them. They look gash and you'll have the piss taken out of you repeatedly.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Now moved. That's better.

10. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm tempted to move it to Lil's. He would GAF then.

Just get ring of the infernal things.

11. MOD EDIT: this thread isn't in Lil's, if you have nothing constructive to add then please don't crayon.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2013