Rn process

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Mitchel, May 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I was reading the seaman spec and someone said that there was a 18 month waiting list and i dont want to wait that long, and plus is there a long waiting list for a clerence diver? cheers.

2. Welcome!

Confirm 18 months wait for Seaman Spec.

Afraid wait for Mine Clearance Diver is 18+ months.

3. I dont really want to wait 18 months untillim actually in the royal navy i was looking to be doing it in the next 6 mounths or something. they carnt really make u wait 18 months anything could happen in the time. thank anywayz.

4. There are other jobs in the Royal Navy with much shorter waiting times, Mitchel.

5. What other jobs will there be which shorter waiting times?

6. The jobs with the shortest waits are

CIS, Anything on a Submarine, Chef/Steward, Air engineer, Aircraft Controller, Naval Airman Survival Equipment and Logs personnel.

The best thing you can do is pop along to your nearest RN careers office and have a chat. The sooner you make an application the sooner you will be in.

Best of luck

Supermario

:)

7. To be honest if that's the job you want to do the waiting list shouldn't really bother you

8. Clearly 'they' can.

9. thanks, i have already applyed, i have got my physometric test on the 15th june, and it does really matter because 18 months is a long time, my fitness is good and everything else, i think what i will do is when i have done the physometric test and see what careers they offer me.

10. That's a very good idea, get the test done and then choose the branch you would most like to join.

Best of luck again

Supermario

:roll:

11. Is it possible for the waiting times to get shorter as people will get fed up of waiting ?

12. not really no.

13. Times change, when I joined up if I had to wait eighteen months I wouldn`t have joined. I cannot for the life of me understand why it takes so long, perhaps not enough are wanting to join to form a class, perhaps the RN are cutting down to a Coastal Fleet, regardless of what the recruiters say, it is all based on numbers. considering the amount that are leaving having served no time at all, That, by the way, is only my opinion, but, what the fukc do I know.

14. Well it must get shorter, if people drop out. Reason being when i put in a draft for endurance i got told 2 years then i got it 8 months later down to people cant be arsed waiting, i am in the process now of doing the paper work to join the navy.

15. And in that 18 months are u at home or on a barracks

16. Be at home waiting The most anoying thing is that you will have a flurry of activity such as your test, medical, interview etc etc, once all that is out of the way you are just waiting???

17. Be at home waiting The most anoying thing is that you will have a flurry of activity such as your test, medical, interview etc etc, once all that is out of the way you are just waiting???

18. Mitchel

You're at home. The 18 months is roughly the time between your sitting the test and the day you arrrive at HMS Raleigh for Basic Training.

19. What the hell? are you really serious about joining the RN? if so, I suggest you get off your arse and DO SOME RESEARCH because no one in the service is going to spoonfeed you once you're in.

Asking questions on an unofficial internet forum does not constitute research, phone an AFCO.