RN Photographers

Discussion in 'The Gash Barge' started by holystone, Apr 29, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. We currently have c.130 naval photographers.
    Most photograph 1Sl 2Sl ensuring they're not scratching their bits when their pictures appear avoiding embarrassment If we are so short of fighting men and women Why do we have so many doing so little?

2. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Most do not. Some are at the sharp end, smelling the smoke. You are, as usual; misinformed, out of touch, bitter, twisted and/or jealous.

Gash Barge (otherwise known as Norman's caboosh.)

3. Where?

4. Norman have you been let out of the ward again. Shame on the Government. Care in the Community it doesnt work :thumright:

5. Where are they doing so little?

6. MOST do NOT Kindly explain.

7. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Another FOIA answer has obviously. Why don't you ask your grandson all these questions? Or is the fact that he doesn't know the answers the main reason for him being passed over......

8. Pardon?

9. Grandson? If only I had one to ask.

10. "Most do not"

What do they do, pray? CinC's Fleet pictures perhaps?

11. Where do you think all the photo's from "the sharp end" come from.

Standing by to be corrected but i think you'll find that most photographers have other jobs and are not solely phots.

12. Wrong! Some on Survey ships do . Postie navigators yeoman that sort of thing but few serve afloat on strategic or operational duties in any event. Pictures in Navy News seems to be what it's all about.

13. I want to be a phot when Im in.
    Thats if they will have me!
    Haha :D

14. Mr Grantham it appears that you are woefully out of date, yet again. Your bitter and twisted little world must be a dismal place to be, with only your resentment to keep you company.

15. Falling over themselves to have your Front page pretty pictures for Navy News?-If you can't produce them, nobody can.

16. Only inasmuch as everyone has secondary duties, plus the duties associated with the rate. Some do end up on the grip and grin circuit that Mr Grantham has such an issue with, but there are phots in a number of obscure places doing valuable work.

By the very nature of the role it has a couple of sideline opportunities though.

Got to give the Combat Camera Teams a lot of credit though.

17. Mr Grantham (whoever he might be ) is confused. Phots in obscure places doing "valuable" work. Where and what? Please explain

18. The photographs taken from the foc'sle ( The sharp end) are interesting,( perhaps), but those from the Quarterdeck !The blunt end ) are similarly interesting ,(perhaps)

19. Well good luck and enjoy
    A brillliant career awaits in civvy street
    My oppo LAM(phot) Tez Light
    He taught me well to be the amateur photographer I am, as a friend and oppo

Only my best oppo died up in Iceland a phot taking photo's in the Cod War

I attended his funeral with his widow at RN Haslar

RIP Tez Light LAM (PHOT)

Jack McHammocklashing

20. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

A CPO phot of my acquaintance was DS at Royal Arthur (80s). He alsotook the class photographs. He was also the first (only) matelot to win the AFM when he took over winchman duties in a hairy rescue at sea. Keith Sturge, top bloke.