RN Officer RT Tests

bromers

Hi everyone.

Apologies if there is a thread regarding the matter of Recruitment Tests for Officers in the RN. I have heard that as an officer you are no longer required to complete the RN Recruitment Test's is this correct?
Wanted to check before ringing up AFCO sounding stupid.

Thanks.

I recently applied for an officer role and didn't have to do any tests. Just jumped straight into the career discussion. No idea if that's the new norm or anything just sharing my experience

soleil

War Hero
Hi everyone.

Apologies if there is a thread regarding the matter of Recruitment Tests for Officers in the RN. I have heard that as an officer you are no longer required to complete the RN Recruitment Test's is this correct?
Wanted to check before ringing up AFCO sounding stupid.

Thanks.
One of our regular posters, Alfred The Great, who is a very reliable source and has his finger on the pulse, suggested that this is was the case in a post of his a few weeks ago.

By the way, if you ring the AFCO and ask whether Officer applicants this year are required to sit the RT, you won't sound stupid.

RT for Officers was suspended for a few months towards then end of the year but has now been reinstated. So yes you you will need to do a Recruit Test.