RN Officer completes triathlon whilst at sea

Discussion in 'Sports and Adventure Training' started by soleil, Jul 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. That's my old skipper when I was HMS Anglesey. Top bloke!

2. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

In the middle of an ocean they could complete 42 km on bike and run 10 kms but could not swim 600 metres.

Navy, boat, ocean for hundreds of miles all round and they could not swim 600 m. WTF is that all about? :wink:

3. Having done hands to bathe in the Indian Ocean then rapidly get out of the oggin due to creatures known as sharks appearing I wouldn't do that either lol

4. He wasn't on a boat.

5. Ageing_Gracefully

Ageing_Gracefully War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

He would have been when he was rowing (Ship's boat?) :lol:

6. I'll bite.
    It would be difficult to measure 600m in the open sea and possibly very dangerous. He did the rowing bit on a rowing machine.

7. Totally agree tommo,i was shark lookout a few times on the Leopard when we were out east and i bagged meself a wopper,quite funny now but at the time very scary, oow was ferkin screaming "out of the water out of the water in bound shark,"bang bang bang and there was my first big fish, 8)

8. The ex ghurka who was one of the Laundrymen on board went and grabbed his knife and was going to dive and get it, However he was prevented just before he left the ships side lol

9. Oh my ferkin god, :D thats a good un tommo,can just imagine oow tannoying " away ghurka away ghurka inbound big fish " :lol: ps ,i am so pleased them little men from Nepal got there probs sorted about living in the UK,