Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RN Officer completes triathlon whilst at sea

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Moderator
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
In the middle of an ocean they could complete 42 km on bike and run 10 kms but could not swim 600 metres.

Navy, boat, ocean for hundreds of miles all round and they could not swim 600 m. WTF is that all about? :wink:
 

tommo

War Hero
Having done hands to bathe in the Indian Ocean then rapidly get out of the oggin due to creatures known as sharks appearing I wouldn't do that either lol
 

Guzzler

War Hero
Ageing_Gracefully said:
In the middle of an ocean they could complete 42 km on bike and run 10 kms but could not swim 600 metres.

Navy, boat, ocean for hundreds of miles all round and they could not swim 600 m. WTF is that all about? :wink:

He wasn't on a boat.
 

Ageing_Gracefully

War Hero
Moderator
Review Editor
Book Reviewer
Guzzler said:
Ageing_Gracefully said:
In the middle of an ocean they could complete 42 km on bike and run 10 kms but could not swim 600 metres.

Navy, boat, ocean for hundreds of miles all round and they could not swim 600 m. WTF is that all about? :wink:

He wasn't on a boat.

He would have been when he was rowing (Ship's boat?) :lol:
 

Drakey

War Hero
Ageing_Gracefully said:
Guzzler said:
Ageing_Gracefully said:
In the middle of an ocean they could complete 42 km on bike and run 10 kms but could not swim 600 metres.

Navy, boat, ocean for hundreds of miles all round and they could not swim 600 m. WTF is that all about? :wink:

He wasn't on a boat.

He would have been when he was rowing (Ship's boat?) :lol:

I'll bite.
It would be difficult to measure 600m in the open sea and possibly very dangerous. He did the rowing bit on a rowing machine.
 
tommo said:
Having done hands to bathe in the Indian Ocean then rapidly get out of the oggin due to creatures known as sharks appearing I wouldn't do that either lol

Totally agree tommo,i was shark lookout a few times on the Leopard when we were out east and i bagged meself a wopper,quite funny now but at the time very scary, oow was ferkin screaming "out of the water out of the water in bound shark,"bang bang bang and there was my first big fish, 8)
 

tommo

War Hero
NorwayChris said:
tommo said:
Having done hands to bathe in the Indian Ocean then rapidly get out of the oggin due to creatures known as sharks appearing I wouldn't do that either lol

Totally agree tommo,i was shark lookout a few times on the Leopard when we were out east and i bagged meself a wopper,quite funny now but at the time very scary, oow was ferkin screaming "out of the water out of the water in bound shark,"bang bang bang and there was my first big fish, 8)

The ex ghurka who was one of the Laundrymen on board went and grabbed his knife and was going to dive and get it, However he was prevented just before he left the ships side lol
 
tommo said:
NorwayChris said:
tommo said:
Having done hands to bathe in the Indian Ocean then rapidly get out of the oggin due to creatures known as sharks appearing I wouldn't do that either lol

Totally agree tommo,i was shark lookout a few times on the Leopard when we were out east and i bagged meself a wopper,quite funny now but at the time very scary, oow was ferkin screaming "out of the water out of the water in bound shark,"bang bang bang and there was my first big fish, 8)

The ex ghurka who was one of the Laundrymen on board went and grabbed his knife and was going to dive and get it, However he was prevented just before he left the ships side lol

Oh my ferkin god, :D thats a good un tommo,can just imagine oow tannoying " away ghurka away ghurka inbound big fish " :lol: ps ,i am so pleased them little men from Nepal got there probs sorted about living in the UK,
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS News story: Ministry of Defence Police Officer completes World Marathon Majors MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Death of serving CNC police officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Tom Cargill appointed as new Wilton Park Chief Executive Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Mal Singh is to step down as BPDTS Ltd’s Chief Finance Officer MoD News 0
T Diving Officer Query Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 3
MoD_RSS Inspection Report Published: An inspection of the Home Office Presenting Officer function MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer Professor Chris Whitty on national alert levels MoD News 0
N Logistic officer UPO/Careers Office 8
K Officer leaving: how much notice? Finance & Pensions 10
R Logistics officer submariner questions Joining the Royal Navy 1
B Met officer questions UPO/Careers Office 16
LandScrubber Deck Officer courses? RFA 14
MoD_RSS Remarks delivered by H.E. Governor Nigel Dakin CMG, and Chief Medical Officer, Dr Nadia Astwood, at the national press conference on COVID vaccination MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Statement from Chief Medical Officer, Professor Chris Whitty about new strain of Covid-19 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Medical Officer’s annual report outlines health challenges in England MoD News 0
N Chief Petty Officer Eric Cousins. Nearest & Dearest 2
C Warfare Officer Surface to Sub Joining the Royal Navy 2
R Engineering officer or engineering advanced apprenticeship Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 4
L Engineering officer docked duties Submariners 4
jjake101 How do you choose between officer and rating roles? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
MoD_RSS Former prison officer jailed for longer MoD News 0
TechnicPR RN Police. Rating to officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 35
MoD_RSS Rich McHugh to take over as the new BPDTS Chief Executive Officer MoD News 0
S Joining Process - Officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 12
MoD_RSS Vacancy: Finance and Procurement Officer MoD News 0
R What is the average day of a Warfare Officer (submarines) whilst on patrol? Submariners 3
MoD_RSS Puppy lovers should paws for thought to avoid being ‘Petfished’ this Christmas, warns Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Youngest ever officer rewarded for heroism at sea MoD News 0
R Air Traffic Control Officer The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
M Qualified Deck Officer, Thinking of moving from Cruise Ships to RFA RFA 3
MoD_RSS Deputy Chief Medical Officer Professor Jonathan Van-Tam's Op-Ed MoD News 0
soleil Portsmouth News: RN Officer Makes History After Being Named Top Naval Student On Germany's Most Prestigious Course The Fleet 2
T Waiting Time Warfare Officer Joining the Royal Navy 3
H Engineering Officer question RFA 6
MoD_RSS Chief Scientific Advisor and Chief Medical Officer briefing on coronavirus (COVID-19): 21 September 2020 MoD News 0
A Intelligence officer Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
soleil FB: HMS Raleigh 'HMS Raleigh Welcomes Capt Suzi Nielsen As Its New Commanding Officer' Bases / Shore Est 24
MoD_RSS HMRC appoints Chief Digital and Information Officer MoD News 0
I Officer joining requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
M Cadet Deck officer college choices. RFA 9
J Intelligence Officer Lifestyle and Questions Joining the Royal Navy 3
P Officer academic requirements Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
T Officer or Rating? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 29
N Joining as a Warfare Officer submarine v surface Joining the Royal Navy 4
Y Logistics Officer RFA 2
S Employment Opportunities and Qualifications for Warfare Intelligence Officer? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 13
S RN Diving Officer The Fleet 1
MoD_RSS Richard Irvine appointed as UK’s Deputy Chief Veterinary Officer MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for Asda Stores Limited MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Meet the Code Compliance Officer for TJ Morris Limited MoD News 0
Similar threads


















































New Posts

Top