RN Medical

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Prior to undergoing the Medical Examination, a medical questionnaire & a consent form must be completed for the release of your medical records.

It would be somewhat remiss to fail to disclose a medical condition which later came to light as it can result in a discharge from the service for making a fraudulent application, which is a waste of time, money, effort from all perspectives.

Experience reveals that those questioning what is involved in the medical examination either want confirmation of what is already written on the AFCO Form 5 medical guidance notes, or wish to hear that in some cases people aren't checked for a specific condition. Usually this ranges from a huge area of topics from drug addiction to asthma, from attempted suicides to dermatitis.

The simple advice, if in doubt is to ring your AFCO (anonymously if necessary) to ask the medical examiner whether your particular condition is a direct bar to entry.

Best of luck, let's hope it's "one of those one's" to which discretion can be reasonably applied.

fishface

MIA
Book Reviewer
thanks NS...the only problem with that is as far as I'm aware my medical will be done by a local GP so I wont be able to talk to him at the AFCO?

A

angrydoc

The Medical Examiner will be appropriately trained and will be in communication with the AFCO.

Don't panic about the medical - it's a medical and that's it. See threads passim. If you've told porky pies then you will probably be found out - if that is the case then you may have something to worry about. Tell the AFCO asap to prevent what may end up being a dishonorable discharge.

fishface

MIA
Book Reviewer
I haven't sent off my medical forms yet...that why I started the thread just so I can be sure before I send anything off

BFC_69

MIA
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
Trigger_92 said:
Zoidberg said:
Am I really the only person who had his balls fondled? It seems a rare occurance after reading all the threads on the medical.

Nope, i had mine fondled also ;)

You two must both have been subjected to Internal Testes Examinations then :roll:

Ha ha! I just had my boxers quickly pulled down when I wasnt expecting it!

It was a very cold room! :lol:

hamisatypeofcheese

Lantern Swinger
BFC_69 said:
BreathingOutOnTheWayUp said:
Trigger_92 said:
Zoidberg said:
Am I really the only person who had his balls fondled? It seems a rare occurance after reading all the threads on the medical.

Nope, i had mine fondled also ;)

You two must both have been subjected to Internal Testes Examinations then :roll:

Ha ha! I just had my boxers quickly pulled down when I wasnt expecting it!

It was a very cold room! :lol:

And then you went for your medical? :D

Legend has it that a nubile Blonde applicant returned to the MO the very next day inquiring:

"Doc, when I attended for my RN entry medical examination yesterday - did I leave my panties & bra here?"

"No." the Doctor replied.

"Ok, thanks. I suppose I must have left them at the Dentist's then."