RN Live Chat 18/03: Captain Michael Davis-Marks OBE MCIPR

Question 51. Harry Davis-Marks: Hope it goes well tonight Love Harry and George (Go Navy Go)

17:24

Michael Davis-Marks: in response to Question 51.

Hope it goes well tonight Love Harry and George (Go Navy Go)

Hi Harry, Hi George - hope you are being good little boys and helping Mum (and doing your homework). LoL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found that on page 6, had a giggle.

Re: RN Live Chat 18/03: Captain Michael Davis-Marks OBE MCIP

In theory these online chats are a very useful and interesting resource, but I do think the people running them could do a much better job of filtering the questions that get through. As it is they seem to descend into a constant flow of questions which could be answered either by looking briefly at the RN website or by visiting the AFCO. I was otherwise engaged today during the Q and A but I just read the transcript hoping it would be an interesting read but alas that was not the case. It does seem to be a bit of a waste of the experience of these people that they are subjected to such questions as:

Question 3. Leanne Forrester: Ive aplied for the royal navy already i have a meeting on the 12th april, i was just wondering isnt there an earlya date?? thankss
Question 4. subsam: hello there. Im 15 and looking at the navy subs and surface. Do u think joing up at 16 is a wise idear? Also once in can i volenteer for the sbs/sas?. Thankyou very much for your time sir.
Question 18. francisashiq: dear sir i want to join royal navy wht should i do i am a student living in ireland but originally i am from pakistan sir i just want to join royal navy please guide me wht should i do please please please guide me
Question 37. Vi: Hi Captain, i wouldlike to ask a queston for a friend. If she did her naval test for entry and she isnt satisfy that she didnt pass what can she do to know more about her test score?

Re: RN Live Chat 18/03: Captain Michael Davis-Marks OBE MCIP

lonestar said:
In theory these online chats are a very useful and interesting resource, but I do think the people running them could do a much better job of filtering the questions that get through. As it is they seem to descend into a constant flow of questions which could be answered either by looking briefly at the RN website or by visiting the AFCO. I was otherwise engaged today during the Q and A but I just read the transcript hoping it would be an interesting read but alas that was not the case. It does seem to be a bit of a waste of the experience of these people that they are subjected to such questions as:

Question 3. Leanne Forrester: Ive aplied for the royal navy already i have a meeting on the 12th april, i was just wondering isnt there an earlya date?? thankss
Question 4. subsam: hello there. Im 15 and looking at the navy subs and surface. Do u think joing up at 16 is a wise idear? Also once in can i volenteer for the sbs/sas?. Thankyou very much for your time sir.
Question 18. francisashiq: dear sir i want to join royal navy wht should i do i am a student living in ireland but originally i am from pakistan sir i just want to join royal navy please guide me wht should i do please please please guide me
Question 37. Vi: Hi Captain, i wouldlike to ask a queston for a friend. If she did her naval test for entry and she isnt satisfy that she didnt pass what can she do to know more about her test score?
Yeah ive noticed that too, i read through the transcript aswell just to see if there are any gems but its mostly always the same old newbie stuff.

What do we expect i suppose, it is open to the public bullshit parade. :D